Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aluminum ar mag question

Feedback Score

aluminum ar mag question

i am (trying) to sell a bunch of unfired thru aluminum 30r mags. might try here but likely not a bunch of love. is there any reason that anyone knows from experience to prefer keeping BCMs vs brownell's? BCMs are prettier and finish seems more durable,brownell. are more expensive,have been well recommended. and tend to lose finish. i can see a diff in follower config and that and finish is all.

Feedback Score
    People who want USGI mags usually shop for ones made by OK Industries.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The BCM have a teflon finish, the Brownells have the milspec dry film lube.

If the Brownells have tan followers they’ll be easy to sell.

Neither will fetch a whole lot. Even in this market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which brownells mags? I ask only because brownells had a lot of different versions of magazines until recently when they consolidated their offerings. As an example, I have a number of their chrome silicone spring magpul follower offerings, which are no longer offered.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I run Okay Surefeed magazines. They come with magpul followers, and have run flawlessly so far.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Off and on over the years I’ve heard iffy things about Brownells AR mags. I have a bunch of BCM/D&H mags and have heard generally good things about them but have never actually used them. If my choice was between Brownells and BCM/D&H I’d probably buy the latter. Okay Industries are my go-to GI mag for both 20 and 30-rounders, in dry film grey, and also black and FDE. At some point I’d like to get around to trying some of their E2 mags but at the moment I’m just using the standard Surefeeds.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 07-05-20 at 04:54.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Brownells GI mags are good to go.

The stuff they have sold commercially I have no experience with.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I can find Okays all day long for $10 each.

The gun buying rodents have yet to each through the yuge glut of a AR15 mags still on the market. They are trying and have done so to Rifles and Ammo, but not AR mags.

I have BCMs but they are all training magazines now - Okay / NHMTG are all the rest, with some FN Steel ones in there as well because I have them.

Feedback Score
    thanks all. i have v.largely P gen3 and some lancers. just looking to hang with a few alum. might get more lancers but even for a mag whore $15-18 is steep. have not known about D&H. they look/sound good and are affordable. clearly superior to BCM marked? doubt it. if somebody can say that for sure,LMK. prob just load up 8 bcm and put em in the setback pile. maybe try and blow out all the rest of alum. BTW,the dura nag marked look to be no different from palmetto or bcm. and yea guns/ammo are getting thin and higher $.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosin46 View Post
    have not known about D&H. they look/sound good and are affordable. clearly superior to BCM marked?
    D&H makes BCMs mags for them and have for a least 10 years.

Only difference is they slide on a BCM marked floorplate instead of a D&G marked one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast