Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Tactical Rear Sight

Feedback Score

LMT Tactical Rear Sight

What is your take on the LMT Tactical Rear Sight?would you highly recommend it?You see,I am thinking of getting it as a Back Up Sightfor my M4 Carbine with an Aimpoint ML2 Red Dot sight?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Obviously it will be part of your sight picture at all times.

I have 2 and really like them. In fact I switched from an ARMS #40 folding rear to the LMT on one of my rifles. It's very sturdy. I like and would reccomend it for someone interested in a fixed iron sight.

I would suggest though that if possible try and shoot both and fixed and a folder if you can and see which you prefer.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Obviously it will be part of your sight picture at all times.

I have 2 and really like them. In fact I switched from an ARMS #40 folding rear to the LMT on one of my rifles. It's very sturdy. I like and would reccomend it for someone interested in a fixed iron sight.

I would suggest though that if possible try and shoot both and fixed and a folder if you can and see which you prefer.

-RD62
    I thought that the LMT Tactical Rear Sights are adjustable?
    Aren't they?By the way,I am sticking with the Original Front Sight of my M4?Would the LMT Tactical Front Sight work with it?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Aren't they?By the way,I am sticking with the Original Front Sight of my M4?Would the LMT Tactical Front Sight work with it?
    Thanks.
    The LMT rear sight is adjustable, for windage and for elevation adjustments for shooting at various ranges. These aren't adjustments that will affect what you see as you align the sights by any noticable degree. It's still fixed in the same position at the same height.

If your carbine will have the standard front sight, you'll have no need for the LMT front sight. The LMT front sight is intended to be mounted on a rail when the standard front sight base/gas block has been replaced with a low-profile gas block and covered with an extended rail.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the LMT sight on my builds when a fixed sight will work with a forward mounted optical sight.
    Otherwise I go with the Troy Folding Battle Sight when the optical sight overhang the rear.
    If your weapon ever...ever runs out of ammo and you have a LMT sight installed, you can use it as a club with confidense

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're running a mount for your Aimpoint that is lower 1/3 co-witness, then the LMT rear sight is not in your part of your sight picture unless you are co-witnessing your sights. It basically appears to block your view of the mount for the Aimpoint while the red dot floats in space. You're essentially looking over the top of the rear sight at the dot floating in space with the only obstruction to your view being the FSP down in the bottom of the Aimpoint. Being that the Aimpoint is parallax free, you do not have to co-witness the rear sight, dot and front sight to be able to accurately place your rounds where you want them.

Feedback Score
    After several issues with my Troy Rear BUIS I finally went with the LMT. Its a good sight

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am of the belief that if your RDS fails then the irons should be there immediately. There is going to be a moment where you register that there is no more red dot. Then a moment to adjust the mind to the irons - remember OODA - if you add in the motion of having to flip sights up then it takes more time. Now this is assuming you don't train for RDS failures and just frame the guy in the tube of the sight. I definitely prefer the solid BUIS setup though.

In terms of being in the way? I was on a carbine course with Giles Stock and he was a fan of the flip ups as it is more cluttered and slows you down. I took my sight off and tried it without the BUIS in place. I was no faster.

Boltgun

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Thanks.
    To clarify, I meant that they are fixed in that they will not fold out of the line of sight. They do adjust for windage and range as already mentioned.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twodollarbill View Post
    (picture)
    Show-off!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast