Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M-LOK handguard rail covers

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here they are on the Centurion Rail made for the 6920-R Trooper. Lock into place, very secure and low profile.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The problem with the BCM covers is they're so thin they do next to nothing for the heat. I've never been bothered by the thickness of the Magpul covers, but I have big hands.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    On the only MLOK rail I own I'm running the Magpul Type 2 rail covers. They're nice and grippy, never had one come loose or fall out, and they work extremely well at keeping the heat off your hand.

https://magpul.com/m-lokrailcover-ty...obal_color=118
    Yeah, very grippy texture, good coverage, no metal hardware to burn me, and they hold paint well.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I like both the CA covers (on my CCU) and the Magpul Type 2 (also on my CCU).
    I have the CA covers on the sides and Magpuls on the bottom. Works for me, barely less bulk and provides a flat surface in the bottom.
    Magpul Type 2 on other uppers.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I really like the Railscales XOS MiniDots that I put on my Centurion M-Lok handguard. It's like they were made for it, but oddly the CA is not on the Railscale's list of compatible handguards. The G10 works great against heat, they are thin and have great traction. Their price is out of control though.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    This - I have them on two Centurion 13" MLOKs forends, including the CCU one.

I tried the Magpul ones, too bulky and bendy for me.
    I agree. BCM just works, I have some Slate Black covers and they're great, but BCM for the money and fact that you can customize with a leatherman, I would say BCM all day long.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 07-09-20 at 12:38.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    BCM, nice, thin & light
    Do the BCM M-LOK rail covers mount as securely as their Key-Mod ones? I have the Key-Mod covers and they snap into place very nicely and are a secure fit.

Feedback Score
    Very much a personal preference, but I got the magpul type 2's and they work fine for me. Easy install, solid, grippy, affordable.
    "Some people don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    BCM, nice, thin & light
    Absolutely, as long as you have slots in each "angle" of the rail. If it skips a slot you'll need more coverage from the covers, like what the Magpul Type 2's give.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-10-20 at 19:10.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Do the BCM M-LOK rail covers mount as securely as their Key-Mod ones? I have the Key-Mod covers and they snap into place very nicely and are a secure fit.
    Not in my experience, especially when using a hand guard from a company besides BCM. The KM ones are more secure. I have the BCM ones on a URX4 and SLR Ion...they slide on both, and occasionally pop loose when doing a lot of dynamic shooting. Also, the BCM ones do a better job of heat protection if they can be utilized on the 130, 430, 730 and 930 angles. When I can only place on the 3, 6 & 9 of a hand guard, I prefer the Magpul type 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast