Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could start over - what would you do differently?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’m actually quite happy with most rifles I’ve bought or built.

First ‘good’ upper I bought was a LWRC in 2009. What a turd, unreliable crap, couldn’t feed to save it’s life. Beat itself to death as well. At the time I was considering a LMT MRP, boy do I wish I’d done that instead.

Second is keymod. I tried it before Mlok came out. I’d very happily not have a single key mod accessory in my collection. As soon as I had my first Mlok accessory I never considered another key mod one. I’m kind of shocked keymod is still a thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If I sold everything I have now and had to buy everything new...

...I'd buy the same things.

Except my retro AR would have a 1:7 twist barrel instead of a 1:12.
    Easy enough of a fix.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I think about this all the time as I watch my friends and family sink deeper into gun buying.

2x SR15s (w/ at least one QDC), at least one 11.5 and maybe a 16
    1x T2
    1x PLHv2
    2x MAWLs
    1x S&B ATACR 1-8
    1x OKW or Modlite IR or OWL
    2x G19.5s with RMRs and X300s
    Dual tube NODs

Several pallets of 223 and 9mm.

Ultimately I'm happy with my random assortment of guns but I generally only shoot Glocks and ARs.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I wouldn't have wasted my money on building so many different AR pattern rifles. I recently sold off a lot of my collection, and only kept the most purpose driven stuff. All that money spent on tinkering could have bought NVGs, more ammo, and a carbine class or two.

Of the stuff I've kept, I'd change two things. First, I wish I would have chosen a SOCOM mini instead of an RC2. Secondly, I wish I selected a LPVO instead of an ACOG.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would buy a BCM lower to match the upper I have for nothing other than OCD purposes. Seemed like every time I thought of doing it, I could never find one with an A5 tube to save me the hassle of switching the current one over. Ultimately, obviously it wasn't that important to me. Other than that, I am pretty squared away. I sold a bunch of stuff that wasn't being shot in 19 before the new laws kicked in here. Upgraded a bunch of stuff in the process.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sometimes you need the journey to get to a particular destination.

I have no real regrets.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With almost a decade devoted to handguns and IDPA and my late start to rifles, I would:

-Replace my safe with a bigger one
    -have less handguns and more rifles

I really wanted to get into some sort of long range precision shooting whether for fun or competition and just never did. I think 1/2 my IDPA time could have been spent on precision rifle or just rifle shooting. At this point too many other things in life taking up time from kids to motorcycles to kids with a little work thrown in.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Easy enough of a fix.
    Will be, when 1:7 twist A1-contour barrels are available again.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I’m generally happy with where I am. In hindsight I would forego my 7.5” and 2 of the 16” builds for An LMT MWS .308. The big lesson learned is to skip trying budget scopes. With the money wasted I could now be happy with a Kahles and a couple of Nightforce optics.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m good. Tried out and then sold off a bunch of stuff once I found out what I liked.

OK, two things. I do wish I had SBR’d a BCM lower instead of the PSA. And, I should have saved up a little more to get the Eotech instead of the Vortex UH-1.

Besides that, I have a suppressor in jail to go with a suppressed-only 11.5” upper, and I wish I’d purchased the suppressor sooner instead of trying out so many things.
    I suppose I could convince myself that the Kino really isn’t that special, considering I love the handling of the Colt CCU upper, which I can take over state lines without concern and which feels lighter with a PST 1-6 and M600DF vs the Kino with a PST 1-4 and M300. So, the one thing I would change could only be changed if BCM or someone would improve the Kino concept: ELW or EMW with a .625 gas block and .625 front sight base. That would make me happy.

For pistols, just got some 6354DO’s to modify for my PPQ M2’s. I shouldn’t have wasted even a small amount of money on a used Trex Sidecar. Nothing wrong with the Sidecar...except... I will never conceal a PPQ.

Again, not much I would change along the way. Had to try out some stuff to see what worked for me. Enjoyed learning how things work. And even if I sold all four uppers and two lowers that remain for what I paid for them or their parts, I am sure I couldn’t purchase two (short and long) KAC’s with the cash.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast