Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could start over - what would you do differently?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would not have bought any C & R USGI guns. Increasingly they bring me nothing but stress and misery. Prices are so high you’ll lose $200 of value if you scratch the parkerizing. Spare stocks and handguards in original condition have disappeared into the vaults of hoarders, there to stay until their widow has to dispose of everything.

Wish I’d kept my Gen 3 Glock 19 and Mossberg 590A1. I was stupid to sell those.

Wouldn’t have bought so many Colts.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Starting over... If I had known then what I know now. I'd have the same rifle absent the parts box.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The hard truth behind getting ready for the coming decade is that you should probably get rid of any gun that isnt an AR. Your gun safe should looks like an arms room, nothing buts ARs, Glocks or whatever modern duty pistol family you choose, ammo and spare parts.
    Other than adding a combat ready 12gauge- I agree 100%.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Only things I’d have done differently would be getting into competitive shooting and training sooner and possibly purchasing fewer “compromise” optics. Lights are changing so quickly there is no “shoulda”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t think I would have done much differently. I would likely still have 90% of the stuff I already have.

What I would have done differently: I would not have built an AR308 (very accurate for a gas gun but very long and heavy). I just don’t shoot it much and didn’t really have a POU for it when I built it. I much prefer my MK12 for a ‘precision gas gun’ and my bolt action 6.5CM for LR.

I would not have bought the Wilson Combat Brig-Tac had I known about the LTT Elite-now I have an unfired WCBT that I have and don’t want even though I love the Beretta 92 FOW.

Lastly I traded a Gen 4 G19 (still had BTF issues after changing ejector/extractor with Apex FRE) for an HK 45 USPc—I wish it was a full size 9mm USP. But I came out way on top on that deal, so I don’t know that I would have done it differently.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I think having a .45 ACP in the current state of ammo availability is a good thing, same for .40 S&W. You can still get ammo and reloading components, where 9mm is a go fornicate yourself proposition.

Feedback Score
    I would have bought a M&P AR 22 and trained on that in my spare time to save money on ammo... I still haven't done this, and am looking at a new AR10 currently, so shame on me.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    What I'd do differently regarding AR-stuff is to not have bought my Springfield-Armory Saint MLOK and, instead, bought some other brand (maybe another BCM, which I've also got one; or a Daniel Defense I was really looking hard at, but didn't buy due to its higher price).

In another thread, I described how it took me 2 years of shooting a few thousand rounds of ammo, only to determine I had a problem with primers intermittently blowing out.

It then took six weeks (including shipping both ways; ~week in each direction) for Springfield-Armory to fix the rifle by reaming the barrel chamber-leade and more ammo to verify things were now ok.

While I learned more about what could go or be wrong with an AR, I'd rather have just had a 100% working rifle with every round fired gone toward training and honing my AR shooting skills.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I'd buy a couple of KAC ambi lowers, a couple of Colt Block II uppers (10.3 & 14.5), and get a Sandman-S. From there I'd focus on NODs.

What would you do, Euro?
    Have about $10,000 extra in my bank account and only the following:

One beater 6920 w/ an Aimpoint
    Proven short nightvision setup
    Accurate 12.5” w/ magnified optic
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-07-20 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I think having a .45 ACP in the current state of ammo availability is a good thing, same for .40 S&W. You can still get ammo and reloading components, where 9mm is a go fornicate yourself proposition.
    That's a damn good point. I have over a 1k in 45 and could get more if need be.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast