Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we at the end of 2.25" (+/-) ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    The military is going to find out that the soldiers who can't hit anything at 300 meters with 5.56mm and an ACOG won't be able to hit anything at 1000 meters with 6mm ARC and an LPVO. They still won't hit anything at 300 meters with it, either.

It also doesn't change the facts that:
    -These engagements are peculiar to a country that we're leaving.
    -These engagements are occurring when the enemy is engaging American and allied troops with crew-served weapons (mortars, emplaced MGs, &c.).
    -These enemies using crew-served weapons should be within range of American and allied crew-served weapons and/or CAS (and if they aren't, why aren't they?).
    -Engagements in this country either occur at extremely long ranges (outside of the effective range of both enemy and friendly small arms fire) or extremely short ranges (where a 20" heavy-barrel 6mm ARC with a 5-25x50mm scope to shoot 1000+ meters is... inconvenient).
    Well said.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shush. You’re making too much sense.

The military is going to find out that the soldiers who can't hit anything at 300 meters with 5.56mm and an ACOG won't be able to hit anything at 1000 meters with 6mm ARC and an LPVO. They still won't hit anything at 300 meters with it, either.

-These engagements are occurring when the enemy is engaging American and allied troops with crew-served weapons (mortars, emplaced MGs, &c.).
    -These enemies using crew-served weapons should be within range of American and allied crew-served weapons and/or CAS (and if they aren't, why aren't they?).
    -Engagements in this country either occur at extremely long ranges (outside of the effective range of both enemy and friendly small arms fire) or extremely short ranges (where a 20" heavy-barrel 6mm ARC with a 5-25x50mm scope to shoot 1000+ meters is... inconvenient).
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

Two weeks ago my son and I were at the range and a gentleman was there with a 6mm ARC and I had been doing some research on them and asked him a few questions about it. He then asked me if I wanted to shoot it, he said if I covered the cost of the ammo he would let me put 20 rounds down range. I was very impressed with the accuracy, and this was shooting the Hornady Black, not even the match ammo. I was hitting the 8" plate at 600 yards with no misses. He had already dialed in the scope for that range. I then shot 5 rounds at a target set up at 800. I could see my hits through the scope. recoil was almost non existent with the Odin Works brake he had on a BA barrel.

So that evening when we got home I got online and started ordering parts to start a build. I to was on the fence about this, but after a short range session with one I was convince this was going to be a great shooting rifle. I don't own any AR's in any caliber besides 5.56. But wanted something different this time around. I know their are going to be nay sayers, but until you have had one of them in your hands and shot it, your opinion mean very little to me. I guess time will tell, they have been testing this thing for a good while now. It is not being fast forwarded and forced into the market like so many other new AR calibers have.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

You couldn't teach the average grunt about shooting at 1k plus. No one even understood trajectory of the round when zerod at 25m.

I've been more and more getting into long range shooting since I know have a 550yd range I can shoot at. My 16" does well at that range, but I'll becoming a member at a one mile range and I might consider one these rounds as a fun gun.

Maybe .224 Valkyrie since ammo prices aren't bad even now.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 07-07-20 at 10:33.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12