Thread: Glock Apex Triggers Gen 3/4 vs 5

Feedback Score

Glock Apex Triggers Gen 3/4 vs 5

I recently purchased two Gen3/4 Apex Tactical trigger enhancement kits. I installed them on a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G17. I am very impressed thus far with about 300-500 rounds through both of them.

Nearly two years ago I bought a Gen 5 Glock 19. After 1500 rounds, the previously smooth trigger is becoming gritty despite cleaning. I am also getting a sore finger from the trigger safety, a characteristic my G45 lacks. It seems the Gen 5 triggers crap out with use in terms of smoothness. What upgrades if any would be helpful? I am willing to give Apex a try.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I recently purchased two Gen3/4 Apex Tactical trigger enhancement kits. I installed them on a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G17. I am very impressed thus far with about 300-500 rounds through both of them.

Nearly two years ago I bought a Gen 5 Glock 19. After 1500 rounds, the previously smooth trigger is becoming gritty despite cleaning. I am also getting a sore finger from the trigger safety, a characteristic my G45 lacks. It seems the Gen 5 triggers crap out with use in terms of smoothness. What upgrades if any would be helpful? I am willing to give Apex a try.

Thanks
    I've run the Apex enhancement kits in all my glocks since I discovered them a few years ago, including my current carry Gen4 19's. I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade the Gen 5's with them as well. They are just good, solid, no-nonsense triggers.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess I’ll try it out. The Gen 5 G19’s trigger is no longer smooth. The G45 still is but has less than 1500 rounds. Seems like the Gen 5’s trigger job doesn’t last long.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    @ 4t5acp

That is sweetest G19 I have come across. Who did the stipling and slide work?

Feedback Score
    I installed the Gen 5 apex kit into my glock 19 gen 5. Put 100 rounds through it today and it shoots like a whole different gun. These trigger kits are the best $125 I’ve spent in ages.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    @ 4t5acp

That is sweetest G19 I have come across. Who did the stipling and slide work?
    Thanks!
    The frame work is from Landers Weapon Systems. The slides were done by Ryan Panayotti, formerly of Loki Tactical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Have you removed and inspected the trigger bar, striker block, and connector/trigger housing? The finish on the striker block may be peeling.
    To fix the trigger just remove enough material from the dingus until it can be pushed flush in the shoe.

No need to buy expensive parts. Aftermarket parts in a glock cause most issues.