Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have this Colt Canada Commando upper and I have some questions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick sweeney View Post
    And does it really matter? Scrub it up, put it on a lower, and go have fun.
    Exactly. It's a used upper. Blast away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick sweeney View Post
    I asked a contact, and the reply was "super gray area". Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, short of a destructive test to determine alloy constituents and grain structure, no way of telling. Maybe LE, maybe not. And does it really matter? Scrub it up, put it on a lower, and go have fun.
    No it doesn't...more satisfying curiosity more then anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I guess 1 last question then....there is a near zero chance this has a cold hammer forged barrel because they cant be brought into the country, am I right about that? Fro what Ive read these get build by Colt Canada but with Colt US barrels because they are destined for the States.
    Could have been a LE contract gun that was imported by an agency. Some were built with Diemaco CHF barrels.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I guess 1 last question then....there is a near zero chance this has a cold hammer forged barrel because they cant be brought into the country, am I right about that? Fro what Ive read these get build by Colt Canada but with Colt US barrels because they are destined for the States.

If the gun was imported directly to a police department, then sold as surplus, then it can have the original foreign made barrel. The semi auto Swiss Arms SG551 and SG552 that were sold off by various LE agencies over the past decade have their original Swiss barrels.

Most Colt uppers with Diemaco receivers use an American barrel.

There are an extremely tiny number of purebred Canadian uppers in the US that have all Canadian parts.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12