Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help. Over tightened muzzle device

Feedback Score

Please help. Over tightened muzzle device

Hey guys I recently installed a muzzle device on my ddm4v5. In thinking I could time it a hair better I ordered a bcm crush washer. When intially screwing on brake to bcm washer I needed to turn it 180° to time it(kinda thought that was alot). That washer would not crush at all. Yes I did small increments then backed off at a time. So I had the rail in a vice properly protected. When turning the muzzle device I noticed my barrel started to turn a little as well as my upper. So now my upper is not lined up with my rail. When I look through the eotech it is plain as day crooked with my rail. What's your guys advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to clarify, you had the barrel in a vise? Or the hand guard? Did you use a barrel torque tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Please help. Over tightened muzzle device

So you clamped the rail vs the bbl? If so sounds like you twisted the hand guard
    Last edited by R0CKETMAN; 07-06-20 at 20:10.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There is a small nipple at the 12 o’clock on AR barrels that marries to an indention in the upper. That should, in theory, keep it in place but given enough torque I’m sure this could be defeated.

Feedback Score
    No didn't use barrel torque tool. Don't have one. Clamped the rail in a vice. Definitely barrel and upper receiver turning. It's maybe a 1/8 of an inch turn either way. I really hope I didn't damage that indention. There's stoppers on the upper receiver that we're catching it and keeping it from turning farther.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some hand guards have a proprietary barrel nut. What brand hand guard and how does this attach to the barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    It's a DD rifle. Appears to be 4 Allen screws

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t have a DD, not for lack of trying, but I would assume the screws would keep the hand guard secure. You May have damaged the screws, barrel nut, or hand guard. Hopefully not all three! Won’t know till it comes off. Maybe some of the DD guys can chime in and help you out

Feedback Score
    I would get a hold of DD. They have it good cs and might take a look at it for you under warranty. Worth a shot

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Remove the rail and confirm that the barrel index pin is still in the correct spot in the upper receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast