Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help. Over tightened muzzle device

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd try to loosen the rail up and realign it, it's probably (hopefully) just twisted round a little.

Rails aren't designed to take the strain of cranking on flash hiders. Next time round when adjusting the muzzle device either use barrel vice blocks or a Geisselle reaction rod.
    Last edited by SA80Dan; 07-06-20 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    ruining just one gun would usually pay for a Geisselle reaction rod.

Feedback Score
    Agree with some of the others. Sounds like the rail may have shifted. Loosen or remove the rail and inspect.

I have a DD complete with their MLOK rail. Not a fan of the rail as I’ve had it shift on me. If you loosen or remove the rail I would suggest ordering some new screws from DD as it’s easy to strip out the existing ones loosening them up. Would also recommend using your choice of thread compound when you reinstall. They’re also supposed to be torqued to spec.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its a DD “Bolt Up System” rail and barrel nut. Similar to the M4A1 rail. You’ve twisted it until it engaged the anti rotation tabs against the receiver. You may have loosened the barrel nut or just twisted the mounting interface. To check this you’ll need a DD barrel nut wrench (I think I remember castle nut wrenches working; I can check that in a couple of days), torque wrench, and you’ll need to remove those 4 screws to get at the barrel nut and index pin. Theres a good chance you merely rotated the mounting interface and the barrel nut and index pin are fine, but I can’t make any promises without the rifle in front of me.

Buy a MI URR. Its about a million times better than the Geissele, and can be used to change barrels, handguards, or muzzle devices. If you only intend to eff with muzzle devices, make a barrel block from 2 2x2x6 pieces of wood. Never clamp a rail to torque a muzzle device.

Send the rifle to DD, or have someone with the appropriate tools help you out. If you happen to be near Charleston, SC, I can help you.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its a DD “Bolt Up System” rail and barrel nut. Similar to the M4A1 rail. You’ve twisted it until it engaged the anti rotation tabs against the receiver. You may have loosened the barrel nut or just twisted the mounting interface. To check this you’ll need a DD barrel nut wrench (I think I remember castle nut wrenches working; I can check that in a couple of days), torque wrench, and you’ll need to remove those 4 screws to get at the barrel nut and index pin. Theres a good chance you merely rotated the mounting interface and the barrel nut and index pin are fine, but I can’t make any promises without the rifle in front of me.

Buy a MI URR. Its about a million times better than the Geissele, and can be used to change barrels, handguards, or muzzle devices. If you only intend to eff with muzzle devices, make a barrel block from 2 2x2x6 pieces of wood. Never clamp a rail to torque a muzzle device.

Send the rifle to DD, or have someone with the appropriate tools help you out. If you happen to be near Charleston, SC, I can help you.
    You are exactly correct with what happened. Thank you for the offer for assistance. I live in TN. As far as an update goes I called DD told them exactly what I did and stated this was an issue I CAUSED and be more than happy to pay for repairs. Chris stated they will take care of repairs free of charge and just want there people to have safe operating firearms. Cannot be more happy with DD right now. I will never buy another ar15 platform. You get an amazing quality rifle paired with amazing quality customer service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    You are exactly correct with what happened. Thank you for the offer for assistance. I live in TN. As far as an update goes I called DD told them exactly what I did and stated this was an issue I CAUSED and be more than happy to pay for repairs. Chris stated they will take care of repairs free of charge and just want there people to have safe operating firearms. Cannot be more happy with DD right now. I will never buy another ar15 platform. You get an amazing quality rifle paired with amazing quality customer service
    Mirrors my experience with their CS and mine was only a barrel and not a complete rifle. They took care of me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like some pretty good customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Would you consider changing your username to "Lesstorq21" as a reminder? Great that DD will make it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12