Thread: Aimpoint Comp M5 parallax compared to Trijicon MRO

Feedback Score

Aimpoint Comp M5 parallax compared to Trijicon MRO

Not trying to start a "vs" thread here. I'm eyeing the Comp 5 with larue mount (https://www.larue.com/products/aimpo...ical-qd-mount/) as a replacement for a Romeo 5. My first choice for an upgrade was an MRO, but I took a look through a newer one (supposedly after the more severe parallax issue was fixed) and it was still quite an issue. Right now I have the cash for a Comp 5, but I don't want to max out my budget and end up with the same issues as a piece almost $500 cheaper. For those of you who have both, does the higher price point of the Comp 5 reflect in less parallax?

(I searched here for an answer first, forgive me if I didn't look hard enough)

Feedback Score
    Parallax issue on MRO is not and will not be fixed as long as they keep the large objective.

Aimpoint is worth the investment as they hold value fairly well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those two optics are kind of at both extremes of the cost spectrum. Why not an Aimpoint PRO, which has much less parallax issue than the MRO? Or a T2 for a few hundred more?

To answer you directly, my experience is that the MRO has huge parallax issues and Aimpoint PROs, T2s, and H2s are significantly better.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Yea man, stay away from the MRO. If you need that price point grab a Pro or a hollosun. I would still recommend the aimpoint T or comp series over all of them however still.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, ordering the comp 5 right now. Better buy one, cry once, eh?