Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie deciding on 1/3 co witness or absolute. Help

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ok. That’s like third order effects.

RDS goes down, flip up both sights. Rear sight goes down, shoot through the tube. Got it.

If one part of the BUIS goes down, after the RDS goes down, What are the chances that gun is still serviceable to begin with?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I’m not sure, but I think that the ghost ring idea would be in lieu of either a) not having a buis or b) not taking/having time to flip up the buis.

To the original OP, the Lower 1/3 is more natural placement for me. However, there is nothing at all wrong with Absolute. I don’t shoot prone ever right now, so I can’t compare that.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like the 1/3 for my needs and wants. YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Absolute Co-witness

- Smaller difference between point of aim / point of impact (hold-over) and subsequent math to compute, especially when shooting from canted positions.

- Allows quick confirmation of RDS zero, by flipping up BUIS and checking alignment.

- Same stock/ cheek-weld muscle memory.
    Last edited by boomer223; 07-26-20 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post

RDS goes down, flip up both sights. Rear sight goes down, shoot through the tube. Got it.

If one part of the BUIS goes down, after the RDS goes down, What are the chances that gun is still serviceable to begin with?
    No, you use the front post through the dot as immediate action if you attempt to engage a target and find no dot. Flipping up the rear, and/or tossing the RDS, is remedial action.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    No, you use the front post through the dot as immediate action if you attempt to engage a target and find no dot. Flipping up the rear, and/or tossing the RDS, is remedial action.
    Agreed. It's quite effective as well, and can be used a lot further than some might imagine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12