Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Movies we'd like to see remade

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You guys do realize they are making Without Remorse with Michael B. Jordan as Clark? And like everything Clancy, Hollywood is effing it up royally?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Remorse_(film)

With Rainbow 6 as a sequel...
    Well....f*cksticks. There went our hope for that one.

Feedback Score
    The Great Gatsby. Maybe the fifth time it will actually be worthy of the novel.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Well....f*cksticks. There went our hope for that one.
    You thought they would actually do something right?

Hunt for Red October was adapted okay in my opinion. Patriot Games was an okay adaptation, but I wasn't fond of Harrison Ford. (I would have thought Alec Baldwin would have been better since it was a younger Jack Ryan in the book)

Clear and Present Danger sucked royally. Not even going to get into what they did to Sum of All Fears since Hollywood caved into politically correct pressure and changed the villains. Having said that, Liev Schreiber had a very Clark-esque feel to him even though the ages didn't match.

I had no expectations of a decent movie concerning Without Remorse. I'd dare say I'll watch it eventually when it becomes free on Netflix or Prime, but I'm not paying for it.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    After rewatching The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the first time in decades I wouldn’t mind seeing a remake if it could be done right by someone like Tarantino. Just not sure anyone could be as badass as Clint Eastwood.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    After rewatching The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the first time in decades I wouldn’t mind seeing a remake if it could be done right by someone like Tarantino. Just not sure anyone could be as badass as Clint Eastwood
    His son in "The Outpost" has the same coolish demeanor and facial expressions as his dad. It's uncanny (well, maybe not, they are father and son!). He would be a definite candidate for that remake you mention!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Dirty Harry... but keep it in the same time and use the same gun. Hell, use Eastwood’s son if need be.

Just think with current filmography and special effects, I’d think you’d have a jump like the original Mad Max movies to that remake (Fury Road).
    I could get on board with this if his kid was doing them 100%. Maybe not a remake per se but an evolution absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    After rewatching The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the first time in decades I wouldn’t mind seeing a remake if it could be done right by someone like Tarantino. Just not sure anyone could be as badass as Clint Eastwood.
    After his last movie, I have no faith in Tarantino doing a remake of The G,the B, & the U. I agree with you about Eastwood. Everyone would fall short.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You guys do realize they are making Without Remorse with Michael B. Jordan as Clark? And like everything Clancy, Hollywood is effing it up royally?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Remorse_(film)

With Rainbow 6 as a sequel...
    Let's revisit this post and get away from BLM/Antifa.

I went back and re-read WR again last week, skipping some long drawn out parts about the Navy planning the rescue of the POW. Just went for the meat and potatoes.

I don't know who this Michael B. Jordan is, never seen any of his movies, so I don't know if he would fit the character of Kelly/Clark. Maybe he can be the younger version of Admiral Greer. Maybe they can do better once the real movie production does get off the ground. And who would play a good nurse Sandy O'Toole, or Pam or Drs. Sam and Sarah Rosen?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

I went back and re-read WR again last week, skipping some long drawn out parts about the Navy planning the rescue of the POW. Just went for the meat and potatoes.

I don't know who this Michael B. Jordan is, never seen any of his movies, so I don't know if he would fit the character of Kelly/Clark. Maybe he can be the younger version of Admiral Greer. Maybe they can do better once the real movie production does get off the ground. And who would play a good nurse Sandy O'Toole, or Pam or Drs. Sam and Sarah Rosen?
    I like your positive attitude, but in this current sjw & virtue signaling environment, this has a slim to none chance of getting through it unscathed. I hope I'm wrong, but have zero hopes so I can minimize my future disappointment.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

To me, it's not as much BLM/Antifa/Whatever, it's more of what the the character is supposed to be as he goes through time in the Clancy novels. I assume you've read the other novels with Clark and knows he eventually becomes a premier CIA operative that's able to slip in and out of Russia/the Soviet Union at will during his time. Not easy for a black fella to do in the 70s and 80s.

A lot of the background on him depends on race (sorry to say that) and Without Remorse is a time period piece, specifically set in Vietnam and Baltimore of the start of the drug crisis that sets up Kelly/Clark up for his life in the CIA. Just reading the details behind the "plot" (which are probably inaccurate), the movie adaptation will probably not be set in Vietnam. Frankly, call it something else if that's the case. Without Remorse is a great time period story.

I have no problem with Jordan being the lead because of his race. I do have a problem with the studio taking an outstanding novel like Without Remorse and changing everything behind the plot as well as changing canon in the future novels. The studio seems to be setting it up to be even worse than the Jack Ryan series on Prime. Greer is not supposed to be a hateful a-hole to Ryan. He basically protects him, mentors him and sets him up for success. The Greer in Jack Ryan is everything the Jim Greer in the books is not. You won't ever get any better than James Earl Jones for that part IMO. (Morgan Freeman was good in Sum of All Fears as Cabot even though that movie sucked... of course, it's hard to find a role Freeman does that isn't good)

If I came across as making this race centric, it was not my intention. My point is what Hollywood normally does which is totally eff up a good book with a movie adaptation.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 08-03-20 at 11:51.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast