Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies we'd like to see remade

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Kagemusha
    But, just find all the footage that was cut from the final battle scene. Such a waste. So not a remake, just an extended director’s cut.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Mann doesn't have the stomach for it. He's a BLM sympathizer and climate change activist.
    True, but nobody sets up an action scene with appropriate music like Mann. Very few words, if any. Like real life if something hectic is happening around you. The other question is who would be able to replace Eastwood?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Wasn’t Ancient Greek society pretty homoerotic?
    I felt the GCI sculpted abs, the 12ft tall androgynous Persian what ever the hell that was guy, etc, was over the top. Had that been how he/they looked, all good, as I'm all for historical accuracy. That it was added for effect, not so much.

I'm not homo phobic, but I'm not a fan of how that was done at all.

A movie that attempted to add the reality of the sexual aspects of the Greeks/Romans culture that was tastefully done but removed was Sparticus. The famous "snails and oysters" scene that was 4 mins long and removed after a few screenings.

Last edited by WillBrink; 07-09-20 at 12:00.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I felt the GCI sculpted abs, the 12ft tall androgynous Persian what ever the hell that was guy, etc, was over the top. Had that been how he/they looked, all good, as I'm all for historical accuracy. That it was added for effect, not so much.

I'm not homo phobic, but I'm not a fan of how that was done at all.

A movie that attempted to add the reality of the sexual aspects of the Greeks/Romans culture that was tastefully done but removed was Sparticus. The famous "snails and oysters" scene that was 4 mins long and removed after a few screenings.

Spartacus. What a great movie. That's definitely a "leave alone."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    McQ is gonna kick your ass.
    I'm gonna guess he's a younger person who didn't grow up with them. Lettuce be honest, he was not a great actor, but neither were many (most?) of the actors back in the day. Wayne was more about attitude than great acting, and we loved it for what it was, as we do for say Eastwood in Dirty Harry, and so forth. Bob Hope was just annoying and beloved for the time and such, but I found him cringeworthy myself.

I will say John Wayne was still a better actor than Keanu Reeves who only does not suck if he plays the exact same part and has minimal dialogue to say in a movie.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    True, but nobody sets up an action scene with appropriate music like Mann. Very few words, if any. Like real life if something hectic is happening around you. The other question is who would be able to replace Eastwood?
    I wouldn't want it to be a Heat style Michael Mann type thriller. He's not the right guy to make a truly dark film like Dirty Harry would have to be.

As far as casting, I don't really look at it as replacing Eastwood with a modern day Eastwood. The one liners and bravado were great in the 70's and 80's but aren't needed for the kind of Dirty Harry I envision in 2020.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    ...the GCI sculpted abs...
    In fairness, the actors worked hard for those abs.

https://www.coachmag.co.uk/workouts/...with-gym-jones

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'm gonna guess he's a younger person who didn't grow up with them. Lettuce be honest, he was not a great actor, but neither were many (most?) of the actors back in the day. Wayne was more about attitude than great acting, and we loved it for what it was, as we do for say Eastwood in Dirty Harry, and so forth. Bob Hope was just annoying and beloved for the time and such, but I found him cringeworthy myself.

I will say John Wayne was still a better actor than Keanu Reeves who only does not suck if he plays the exact same part and has minimal dialogue to say in a movie.
    I think Chris Pratt is the source, but there is clearly a difference between “good leading man” and “great actor,” though a person can be both.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Spartacus. What a great movie. That's definitely a "leave alone."
    Where you awares of that deleted scene?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I think Chris Pratt is the source, but there is clearly a difference between “good leading man” and “great actor,” though a person can be both.
    The actor said that? Talk about kettle black and all that.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-09-20 at 15:24.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast