Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Last time I went to the armorer class the instructor said Glock is eventually phasing out 40 caliber pistols.

I have no interest in a Gen 5 .40.

A G5 10mm or .45 would be tempting..

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Imagine buying a 40cal in 2020 lol

Feedback Score

Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Only good Glock is a 9MM Glock...right?

I have over a dozen Glocks...all but three are 9MM, but, nothing wrong with the other calibers. .40 is a good service round, especially in the full size service pistols. Glock will sell their new G23/22 Gen 5’s like hot cakes.

While I personally don’t like the subcompact .40’s, there are those folks that do...more power to em. Funny how the same guys who say the . 40 is too “snappy” are fine with a snub .357

Yeah, all the reasons to buy 9MM: FBI...more BB’s...too snappy...frame stress...slide stress...muzzle flip...cost per round....all valid, but so what? If a shooter wants a bigger bullet, it’s a free country...at least for now.

And FWIW, at the time of this specific post, the total selection of 9MM ammo at www.sgammo.com right now is ONLY shotshells. But I can buy cases of .40, both FMJ and JHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 07-09-20 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At this point who gives a shit. If 40 works for you party on! If not this is irrelevant! People get too wrapped up in how much of a % point is one deadlier then the other. 9/40/45/357/45gap. If you can afford it rock it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Imagine buying a 40cal in 2020 lol
    Eurodriver, I respect your opinion , but also love my 1993 Glock 22. I wouldn't part with it and still carry it daily. It is not for a lack of options either. Maybe it is because I've been using it for >25 years, but I am no slower with it than I am with my Sig MK25.

I would buy another .40 Glock 22. That said, it is my only .40.

As I said, I respect your opinion and used to enjoy your posts. I hope your move away from the US had worked out well for you.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    Eurodriver, I respect your opinion , but also love my 1993 Glock 22. I wouldn't part with it and still carry it daily. It is not for a lack of options either. Maybe it is because I've been using it for >25 years, but I am no slower with it than I am with my Sig MK25.

I would buy another .40 Glock 22. That said, it is my only .40.

As I said, I respect your opinion and used to enjoy your posts. I hope your move away from the US had worked out well for you.

Mike

Amigo,

I have nothing against people that own or shoot .40. One of my best shooting buddies will be along shortly, I’m sure, to proclaim his love for the .40. (His name is highlighted in yellow)

I also can plainly see that .40 and 45 AARP are both readily available whereas 9mm is not. There are real advantages to buying .40. Used Gen3 G22s are like $250. The caliber works.

My post isn’t directed at people who buy .40 because they want one, enjoy shooting it, like collecting, or any other reason they perceive as adding value.

My post is directed at people who buy .40 because they think it’s deadlier.

That is simply not true, and unfortunately the overwhelming majority of people who do choose .40 over 9mm do so for that reason alone.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Amigo,

I have nothing against people that own or shoot .40. One of my best shooting buddies will be along shortly, I’m sure, to proclaim his love for the .40. (His name is highlighted in yellow)

I also can plainly see that .40 and 45 AARP are both readily available whereas 9mm is not. There are real advantages to buying .40. Used Gen3 G22s are like $250. The caliber works.

My post isn’t directed at people who buy .40 because they want one, enjoy shooting it, like collecting, or any other reason they perceive as adding value.

That is simply not true, and unfortunately the overwhelming majority of people who do choose .40 over 9mm do so for that reason alone.
    Thank you for the reply, and I fully agree. I bought the G22 days before the AWB of 1993 and it was the only caliber left. It was a newer caliber then and I took the risk. I don't regret it, like I thought I would. I am glad it caught on and ammo is available.

Mike

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Amigo,

I agree with you, except for one point.

It is deadlier..... because people that REALLY know how to shoot use it. .
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I agree with you, except for one point.

It is deadlier..... because people that REALLY know how to shoot use it. .
    There he is
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast