Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The new G5’s are GTG. The ones with front serrations have the breechface cut that aids in positive ejection. My G45 launches brass like an AK
    Ok. I'll keep my eyes open... I might actually have to go into a gun store.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just shot my Gen 4 and Gen 5 G19. The difference in ejection is night and day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Ok. I'll keep my eyes open... I might actually have to go into a gun store.
    They’re solid now. The early Gen 5s (which I also have; 19 & 17) without the front serrations don’t have the breechface cutout, nor does the 19X unfortunately. The G45 started the breechface cut and front serrations and Glock did a rolling change so now the new 19s and 17s have the breechface cut and front serrations. The current 19Xs unfortunately still don’t have the cut, nor do the current Gen 3s or the new P80 from Lipsey’s. Wanted to clarify all that so you’re not disappointed. My G45 was ejecting Tula 115 about 10-15’ away from me today at about 3-4 o’clock.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    My 2 G45 throw brass like I’m shooting a P7M8.

The new G5’s are GTG. The ones with front serrations have the breechface cut that aids in positive ejection. My G45 launches brass like an AK

Feedback Score
    Was surprised to see Gen 5 Glock 40s, as a Glock rep told me a couple of years ago they were phasing out, so no new 40 cal pistols in the pipeline. I still have my G27, G35, & two G22s. Have added two Gen 5 G17, (1 with & 1 without the serrations & breechface cutout). Am hoping to add a G45 next year, & eventually get to purchase my old duty G22 when my dept decided to upgrade. I know mine is in storage since I turned it in & told them I would take it even with the frame crack from all the years & rounds it has.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Won’t let me post my review with the appropriate pics because I’m having attachment issues...even though I cleaned out my folder. At any rate, if anyone is interested in reading my initial thoughts about my G22.5 feel free to check them out over at pistol-forum. Spoiler alert...the G22.5 is a shooter

Link for those interested, post #32:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Release/page4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Won’t let me post my review with the appropriate pics because I’m having attachment issues...even though I cleaned out my folder. At any rate, if anyone is interested in reading my initial thoughts about my G22.5 feel free to check them out over at pistol-forum. Spoiler alert...the G22.5 is a shooter

Link for those interested, post #32:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Release/page4
    That makes me want a new G22 Gen 5 now, as I've had good luck with the 40 since mid 1990s, although have started shooting 9mm again two years ago with an early Gen 5 G17 I carried on duty until retiring this year. They did issue me a final dept weapon the newer version G17 Gen5, but have not taken it out with all the stuff going on this year & me not having a decent supply of 9mm compared to all the 40 I've built up over the last 20 years. I'm also hoping to get a G45 next year since they will use my G17 mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The .40 has never been popular with me, I've always preferred 9 x 19. But for those living in blighted states were capacity is limited it might be a sound choice. During the recent ammo shortage having an alternative caliber was very handy. I found .40 and .38 super auto on sale were 9 x 19 was absent.

Feedback Score
    I know someone who says he's ordered a Gen 5 G23....is that a thing?

He had an invoice for it from a local store

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bakugan to say I hope a good .357 sig conversion comes out for this. It’s a niche round but for the niches it covers it is glorious. I went through a phase and stupidly got out of my G31.

People say just get a hotter 9mm and they’re not wrong but sometimes that .357 sig can really be handy vis a vis vic work. I’m on the 9mm train but just having access to a .357 sig is great.

I know what it will do to wild boar. I always like to test ammo on boar and that .357 sig was consistent.

But caveat it is still niche

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast