Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    Maybe it was thicker to increase slide mass and slow the slide during recoil like the walther p99’s.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For those able to use the Glock Blue Label discount.

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...-gen-5-fs.html

Shows in stock as I post this
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve shot the gen5 G22, G23, and G27 side by side through some exercises and been inside the guns. The lowers handle and feel like their 9mm counterparts. The uppers have added heft and width, visually and perceptibly half the difference between the 9 and 45 slides. The additional slide mass is palpable during live and dry firing. All are softer shooters, recoiled flatter, were less whippy, and easier to track than earlier gens of .40. How much so will be subjective. I found the G23 easiest to shoot and track at speed, and quicker to level. They have GMB barrels, I perceive more precision but haven’t nailed down groups at distance. Mags at capacity had little to no play, to plus up you may need to download a round in the 23 and 27. The 27 would only forcibly seat on a closed slide. The springs in otherwise new mags may relax a bit. Reliable function, positive ejection.

A snapshot of data shooting the Test (10-10-10). First run for each gun is BHA 180gr GDHP, and second was BHA 140gr TAC XP. The TAC XP is a very soft shooter in these guns, and is about like shooting stout/+P loads in 9mm.

G22, 91-0X and 95-1X
    G23, 98-1X, 94-3X
    G27, 95-0X, 95-2X

I would expect numbers to improve with more acclimation.

If I had to go back to .40, it would be the G23 with the TAC XP. If the 23MHS is ever released as a G23X or a G45 equivalent, that’s the model I would buy for the same reasons I prefer G19X/45.

Otherwise, that’s about the sum of the differences. The balance of the gun is simply a gen5 Glock.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I’ve shot the gen5 G22, G23, and G27 side by side through some exercises and been inside the guns. The lowers handle and feel like their 9mm counterparts. The uppers have added heft and width, visually and perceptibly half the difference between the 9 and 45 slides. The additional slide mass is palpable during live and dry firing. All are softer shooters, recoiled flatter, were less whippy, and easier to track than earlier gens of .40. How much so will be subjective. I found the G23 easiest to shoot and track at speed, and quicker to level. They have GMB barrels, I perceive more precision but haven’t nailed down groups at distance. Mags at capacity had little to no play, to plus up you may need to download a round in the 23 and 27. The 27 would only forcibly seat on a closed slide. The springs in otherwise new mags may relax a bit. Reliable function, positive ejection.

A snapshot of data shooting the Test (10-10-10). First run for each gun is BHA 180gr GDHP, and second was BHA 140gr TAC XP. The TAC XP is a very soft shooter in these guns, and is about like shooting stout/+P loads in 9mm.

G22, 91-0X and 95-1X
    G23, 98-1X, 94-3X
    G27, 95-0X, 95-2X

I would expect numbers to improve with more acclimation.

If I had to go back to .40, it would be the G23 with the TAC XP. If the 23MHS is ever released as a G23X or a G45 equivalent, that’s the model I would buy for the same reasons I prefer G19X/45.

Otherwise, that’s about the sum of the differences. The balance of the gun is simply a gen5 Glock.
    That sir is the info I have been looking for. While I am still a noob to Glock with the Gen 5 drop and only 9mm in G19x/G45.
    Wife took the 19x and I have the G45. I found a used G21 and like it too. Never owned or shot a 40 cal in 30 years as a LEO.
    We were issued Sig P226 9mm in the folded slide, then the P226 DAK in 357 Sig. I tried hard to change their mind to a 40, but Living in Texas and It's Good enuff for TX DPS, We want it too. All ADMIN decision. I liked the DAK and liked the 357 Sig. I brought back info from an ATK LEO Ballistics 2 day class. Pistol, Rifle and shotgun from Federal and Speer. We were carrying 124gr +P GDHP in 9mm and then 125gr GDHP in the 357 Sig. They only ran 100 FPS over the 124gr +P GDHP. 9mm bullet technology was evolving and leaving everyone in the dirt. We settled on the 64gr TRU JSP Federal 223 for our Patrol rifles, They agreed on Armalite AR-15's, 20" barrel and carry handle.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    . All ADMIN decision..

They agreed on Armalite AR-15's, 20" barrel and carry handle.
    Oh yea.

Where I work they were getting new pistols to replace older Gen 3 G22's. Most Officers were hoping for G17's.

They went with Gen 4 G22's because "that's what the BIG Dept. Uses..."

A few months later the "Big Dept" moved to Gen 4 G17's.

(This is before Gen V)

As far as rifles, at least your Dept went with a good brand of AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Oh

As far as rifles, at least your Dept went with a good brand of AR.
    No they didn't

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    No they didn't

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Armalites are decent. I don't read many complaints. I've had two rifles and one upper myself. None fired much, though, honestly.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Armalites are decent. I don't read many complaints. I've had two rifles and one upper myself. None fired much, though, honestly.
    I had to ship 6 or 7 back to the factory. Couldn't get the IRON Sights to ZERO. Something was canted. This was all before I went to Colt AR Armorers school. Took the 2 worst AR's to a VERY Large City PD gun range. Several shot them and could never get them any closer than I could. Even a smack on the front sight with a rubber mallet didn't change anything. These were all fixed stock, 20" barrel with integrated carry handle. I hear they have traded them for something in an M4 type, brand unknown.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I had to ship 6 or 7 back to the factory. Couldn't get the IRON Sights to ZERO. Something was canted. This was all before I went to Colt AR Armorers school. Took the 2 worst AR's to a VERY Large City PD gun range. Several shot them and could never get them any closer than I could. Even a smack on the front sight with a rubber mallet didn't change anything. These were all fixed stock, 20" barrel with integrated carry handle. I hear they have traded them for something in an M4 type, brand unknown.
    Hm. Sounds like this was a while ago. I think they are decent-good now and the last few years.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have never owned a 40 cal or shot one very much. Issued 9mm then the 357 Sig in Sig 226 DAK's

Right now I am having internal strife. A G20 or a G22.5. I have a G21.4 and never found a decent G20 slide for it.

The G22.5 with Underwood ammo would be a close 2nd to the G20 10mm on normal factory ammo. I don't reload anymore
    so pumping up 10mm on my own is not in the game plan.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast