Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peterinflorida View Post
    It might be dead. But i still have tons of 40 ammo to burn up

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I should have bought that damn 40 MOS when I had it in my hand!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    It might be dead. But i still have tons of 40 ammo to burn up
    I have two cases and no gun to use it. It’s rainy day ammo, I guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    I have two cases and no gun to use it. It’s rainy day ammo, I guess.
    Good time to auction it off or exchange for what you need.

Feedback Score
    I have thought about that Peterinflorida, but its just easier sitting in a ammo can then dealing with people. The panic has brought out some weird people. And I stopped posting gun related stuff for sale.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shot mine today, just 100rds. Shot 100rds through one of my G19.4’s, also.

Trigger seems about the same quality as my G19.4, but it is well broken in. In dry fire the break seems barely better, keeping the sights very still. But in live fire, I can’t tell a difference. I do like the smooth trigger face; not something I thought I would really care about.

The grip feels kinda strange since I shoot G19.4’s nearly exclusively, and it is both grooveless in the front and shaped different in the back. But not a big deal in any way. Strangely, when I tried the M backstrap that I have found is best on my 19, I preferred the bare grip on the 22.5, and it seemed to place my trigger finger better that way.

Didn’t shoot far enough to evaluate accuracy, but the POI seems a little low. I’ll shoot it a little further soon, and see if its an “issue”. I doubt it will be. I’ll slap a dot on it sometime this quarter, assuming I keep it.

Recoil seems less snappy than I remember with older gen 40’s. In fact, it seems milder than all other 40’s I’ve messed with in the past. I did not shoot any of these side by side, so no way to tell for sure. The slide has some beef to it, so maybe. It’s still obviously different than a 9, and I found it exposing weakness in my grip.

I can say for sure, shooting it back to back with a comped G19 was interesting. The G19 felt like a G44 each time I went back to it.

It launches brass, hard.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I have thought about that Peterinflorida, but its just easier sitting in a ammo can then dealing with people. The panic has brought out some weird people. And I stopped posting gun related stuff for sale.
    Ha! Same here.

I have stuff to sell, and I used to meet "randos" to sell stuff to, but I cant bring myself to do it the last few years. Especially for a gun. It's a risk and alot of time potentially wasted.

Now a gunshow is another matter. I'm hoping to unload some parts, mags, and ammo (hopefully trade) at a gunshow.

To stay on topic, a relative just got a G23 gen 5 and I'm hoping my Glock 32 .357 barrel will fit it! I'll trade him that and the ammo I have for something.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-02-21 at 07:26.

Feedback Score
    Let us know if it does.

I am lucky. There is a pawn shop i sell guns at. They give pretty fair prices. But i never tried bringing ammo there.

Feedback Score
    Many years ago I used a pawn shop for some guns as needed & it was easy at they're quicker than trying to find a buyer or dealing with multiple contacts. Now days the internet may be an option for some, but I started going to a friend that had his ffl & worked out of his home more like a hobby for him. It was a little slower but tended to get better prices working with him, but everything he resold for me also had the form filled out in case one of the guns turned up in a crime somewhere.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast