Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    But besides that there are some advantages tk the 40 S&W. Most are things that 99% of people that shoot will never need. So that is a really good reason for then to shoot the cheaper 9mm.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    45 AARP waahahahahahaha !!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Imagine buying a 40cal in 2020 lol
    What's wrong with that? I picked up a used P229 in 40Sw..add the 357 Sig barrel... great combo.

Agree with your second post....my bad..
    Last edited by pag23; 07-09-20 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Oh that is going to start some friction...lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    But besides that there are some advantages tk the 40 S&W. Most are things that 99% of people that shoot will never need. So that is a really good reason for then to shoot the cheaper 9mm.
    Please let us mere mortals know.....

I don't really need to know, just mocking.

I'm getting back into .40 to shoot major on the cheap, since I have .40's and approximately 30,000 rounds of once-fired .40 brass.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Amigo,

I have nothing against people that own or shoot .40. One of my best shooting buddies will be along shortly, I’m sure, to proclaim his love for the .40. (His name is highlighted in yellow)

I also can plainly see that .40 and 45 AARP are both readily available whereas 9mm is not. There are real advantages to buying .40. Used Gen3 G22s are like $250. The caliber works.

My post isn’t directed at people who buy .40 because they want one, enjoy shooting it, like collecting, or any other reason they perceive as adding value.

My post is directed at people who buy .40 because they think it’s deadlier.

That is simply not true, and unfortunately the overwhelming majority of people who do choose .40 over 9mm do so for that reason alone.
    I have 4 Glocks. 3 are 9 and 1 40.. I was all 40 for about 20 years and for the last 5 years my 40 has just set in the safe. My tipping point was running my carry G17 vs my carry G22 and using a shot timer and running the same targets. My followup shots were always slower with the 40 by .3 to .5 of a second. Not much but I couldn't see the advantage to have more less capacity and slower followup shots in a carry gun. I've actually considered selling the 40 because its literally set in the safe for 5 years.

Euro what part of the world did you move to?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Please let us mere mortals know.....

I don't really need to know, just mocking.
    You are in luck......I was never planning on wasting my time by getting into it......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Imagine I can pick up 10-15,000 rounds of .40 ammo off of SGA as I am typing this. Not so much with 9.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Imagine I can pick up 10-15,000 rounds of .40 ammo off of SGA as I am typing this. Not so much with 9.
    I've been thinking about adding a .40 for this very reason.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast