Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I agree for the most part, but that is all i have been seeing in local shops. Both FMJ's and all kinds of flavors of HP's.
    I used to have a G17 clone of my G22 for practice/cheaper ammo.

Now the Reverse could be argued.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    MArkM, i do also, Every pistol i have in 9mm. I have in 40. I still have access to some LEO ammo. So I always keep my options open. Tho i mostly shoot 9mm, after the drought of it. I do not not want to dip into the stock pile, i swapped the G19 and G17 into a G23 and G22. Least till a steady supply of 9mm starts trickling again. I also have a 40-9 barrel for the G22, but that is for range use only.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. I sold my 9mm when I was in a cash crunch. It was one of the Effed up Gen 3s that they screwed up the extractor/ejector anyway. I may do another 9mm after this panic passes.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Only good Glock is a 9MM Glock...right?

I have over a dozen Glocks...all but three are 9MM, but, nothing wrong with the other calibers. .40 is a good service round, especially in the full size service pistols. Glock will sell their new G23/22 Gen 5’s like hot cakes.

While I personally don’t like the subcompact .40’s, there are those folks that do...more power to em. Funny how the same guys who say the . 40 is too “snappy” are fine with a snub .357

Yeah, all the reasons to buy 9MM: FBI...more BB’s...too snappy...frame stress...slide stress...muzzle flip...cost per round....all valid, but so what? If a shooter wants a bigger bullet, it’s a free country...at least for now.

And FWIW, at the time of this specific post, the total selection of 9MM ammo at www.sgammo.com right now is ONLY shotshells. But I can buy cases of .40, both FMJ and JHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Strangely, I really like, and shoot well, a 357 sig, but hate the 40. I have a Sig 229 with the extra 40 caliber barrel and never used it. Even hot (Norma loaded 10 mm) are more pleasant to shoot that a 40. Recoil should be mass of bullet and velocity- given the same platform. No idea why.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At this point 10mm is similar to in price, or cheaper than, 40sw!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    At this point 10mm is similar to in price, or cheaper than, 40sw!

It 10 mm, really is round begging for reloading. I don’t think it is possible to even buy ammo loaded to what it was designed for. Had a friend give me a box of the Original Norma 10 mm ammo, that round is noticeably hotter than anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbtoth View Post
    It 10 mm, really is round begging for reloading. I don’t think it is possible to even buy ammo loaded to what it was designed for. Had a friend give me a box of the Original Norma 10 mm ammo, that round is noticeably hotter than anything else.
    I wonder if a Gen 5 G40 10mm will be coming?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I’ve shot Glock 10mm pistols for close to 20 years. I have never purchased a single round of 10mm. Started reloading it before I had the first pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reloading is something I'll do if I make it into the 10th year of a zombie plague. Then I'll heavily consider it. Otherwise I have no patience for it. Anything that requires sitting still and being careful for longer than a few minutes is not for me.

Feedback Score
    . .45 AARP. Jeff Cooper would be 100 now if he was still around and not amused I suspect.
    You should print up some T shirts. Hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast