Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock's New Gen 5 40 Caliber Pistols

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edm View Post
    I’ve shot Glock 10mm pistols for close to 20 years. I have never purchased a single round of 10mm. Started reloading it before I had the first pistol.
    My kinda guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Reloading is something I'll do if I make it into the 10th year of a zombie plague. Then I'll heavily consider it. Otherwise I have no patience for it. Anything that requires sitting still and being careful for longer than a few minutes is not for me.
    Partner with a guy like me in your area.... pay for components, give the loader a cut.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Might not be a bad idea to have a .40 around given the current ammo weirdness.
    I’ll take a 22 and a 23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow. Glock is going to make more money off Boomer cope.

ETA.

I still have like 3k rounds of .357 Sig(don’t ask) and while I don’t care about .40; a Gen 5 G22 is a potential gateway to Gen 5 .357 Sig.

Make a Gen 5 G21 Glock and we can call it even.
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-01-20 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Picking up one as soon as they’re available. Picked up a NIB HK USP .40 last week for a very fair price. I can somewhat reliably get .40 in my neck of the woods for fair prices. 9mm, .45 and 5.56 are vaporware. I probably won’t buy anymore .40s after I get this G5 22, but it and the USP should serve me well especially in ammo crunches like we’re in now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does anyone know when these are actually going to surface?

I'm hoping never as my Armorers are probably drooling over the prospect of anything to hold onto their precious round that starts with a .4... Yech.

The biggest issue that i have with .40 caliber is that its horribly degenerative to the shooter. It hits the hands pretty darned hard and shooting it in and of itself is an exercise that can very quickly lead to tendinitis. Punishing yourself even more with the hotter round during high volume training is not something I look forward to.
    Last edited by Magsz; 09-08-20 at 21:25.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    The biggest issue that i have with .40 caliber is that its horribly degenerative to the shooter. It hits the hands pretty darned hard and shooting it in and of itself is an exercise that can very quickly lead to tendinitis.
    I have never heard of this. How common is the problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I’ve shot 40 caliber in fairly high volume for 25 years.. admittedly the last 5 I use 9 much more but I have zero issues with my hands. Is this 40 causing degenerative issues a theory or some documentation exists? The recoil impulse is marginally more than 9 .. if this was 3k rounds a year of hot 44 magnum from a snub nose I’d agree. But always willing to learn if I’m missing something.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Entirely subjective.

It's a snappy round. You cant really quantify how much more effort it takes to control the round but you WILL use more grip strength to get the same result as you would with a 9mm.

Repetitive stress injuries are a major thing with guys that shoot alot.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I’ve shot 40 caliber in fairly high volume for 25 years.. admittedly the last 5 I use 9 much more but I have zero issues with my hands. Is this 40 causing degenerative issues a theory or some documentation exists? The recoil impulse is marginally more than 9 .. if this was 3k rounds a year of hot 44 magnum from a snub nose I’d agree. But always willing to learn if I’m missing something.
    Entirely theory based. I have no evidence to back this other than my own battles with tendinitis over the years from repetitive stress injuries and over use.

The simple theory is this:

Gripping things repeatedly will eventually yield some form of over use injury. The more you have to grip, the sooner the onset of the injury.

I can spend a day at the range and shoot 750 rounds of 9mm without any issues.

After 250-300 of .40 im spent.

Pure theory but it makes sense no?

Obviously, its subjective and everyone is different. Additionally, firing schedule matters, rest, diet, physical make up etc. There are a zillion variables so my sample is a size of one.

Devil, what's your definition of high volume?
    Last edited by Magsz; 09-08-20 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sheeeit. I shoot like 2 clips of .40 per year to self qual, see if this pistol still works, and i am done. That's not a joke. My weapon manipulation is weak, but marksmanship is never an issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast