Thread: Aimpoint Customer Service, M4s Issue

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Aimpoint Customer Service, M4s Issue

Anyone have recent contact with Aimpoint customer service? In the past, I've always found them fast and efficient, but I am wondering what their staffing, repair time, etc is like in the time of Covid...

I have a M4s I picked up a while ago and today I was working on my carbine and I found a large 'bugger' of something behind the lense. I tapped on the case and it floated free. I have no idea what this could be. I am a little worried that I might be outside the 10 year warranty on mine. Hope not. As soon as they give me a MRA, I'll send it in.

Anyone seen anything like this? Seems awfully large for it to have migrated into the unit so I'm thinking some sort of adhesive or potting compound has broken loose.

- Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The sight is on its way back to Sweden for service.

My timing was good. The Aimpoint team in Sweden has already returned from their summer vacation. Sweden pretty much shuts down in late June/early July to enjoy all the sunshine.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear about your M4.

I thought Sweden shuts down for twi months because the govt taxes the crap out of businesses and people if they make over certain dollar amounts

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your M4.

I thought Sweden shuts down for twi months because the govt taxes the crap out of businesses and people if they make over certain dollar amounts
    LOL. Things are definitely a little different there. I got to spend some time in Stockholm and Trosa for work a couple of years back in the spring. After the long dark and cold winters, they come out and play hard when the weather is sunny.

When I worked for Sanyo years ago, the Japanese part of the company (and most of Japan) was pretty much shut down at the end of April for "Golden Week". The US is pretty unique in that we don't do long breaks like that with our work force.

Curious if they let me know what they find. The US service guys originally assumed I had an alkaline battery failure, but I had not and a few years back switched to lithium primaries. The sight works as normal and no signs of corrosion/etc in the battery tube or on the contacts. Those are just some funky boogers to be floating around inside the glass.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 07-17-20 at 22:01.
    - Jeff

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sight returned today with a little red tag that read, after I translated it from Swedish, "cleaned out dirt inside, rear window cleaned". Now I just need to get the time to remount it and rezero it. Can't complain. Almost 10 years old and serviced without cost in under 4 weeks.
    - Jeff

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Sight returned today with a little red tag that read, after I translated it from Swedish, "cleaned out dirt inside, rear window cleaned". Now I just need to get the time to remount it and rezero it. Can't complain. Almost 10 years old and serviced without cost in under 4 weeks.
    Glad to hear this. I sent an Aimpoint PRO in two days ago for a checkup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Awesome.

BTW, love your sig line.....so very true.
    Here comes the thunder.