Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BCM Stripped Lowers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No issues with G3 PMAGs dropping free from my [stripped] KAC lower, now used as my MK12 Mod1, definitely no issued with my SR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    BCM and KAC lowers probably won’t drop Gen 3 PMAGs
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    $200 for BCM doesn’t compare favorably to $125 for a SOLGW for me. It’s really cool that they mark the stripped lowers differently, however I’m willing to bet they’re not the only manufacturer that does that either.

I love my BCM lower; it was $330 for a complete, and it drops PMAGs just fine. No way I’d pay $200 for a lower from any brand when I can get a high quality lower + LPK from Sons or Sionics for nearly the same price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SA80Dan View Post
    I personally prefer to buy the cheap lowers (without any markings at all if I can find them) and spend the money where it really counts (barrel, trigger, bolt etc).
    These are my go-to's any more: https://alexprofab.com/product/ar-15-lower-receiver/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    No issue with BCM lower and gen 3 pmag.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Right about the same price as Aero Precision’s standard Gen 2 lower. Do you prefer for any reasons other than lack of branding?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thanks - good shout.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There’s been a lot of evidence on here that that problem was quietly fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is still an issue but their CS has started to replace lowers that wont accept a gen 3 pmags. I have heard of 5 replacements since the first of the year.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It is still an issue but their CS has started to replace lowers that wont accept a gen 3 pmags. I have heard of 5 replacements since the first of the year.
    Five that were bought this year and replaced? Or five that were replaced this year but were bought earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Not certain on date of purchase of 2 but 3 were definitely purchased this year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Right about the same price as Aero Precision’s standard Gen 2 lower. Do you prefer for any reasons other than lack of branding?
    No, that's it. I haven't had any problems with them.

ETA: I have an Aero M4E1 and like it just fine also - forged but looks kind of billet.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-14-20 at 18:57.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast