Thread: BCM Stripped Lowers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BCM Stripped Lowers

Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

BCM Stripped Lowers

Life expectancy of these being in stock?
    Last edited by Vegas; 07-09-20 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Honest question. At $200 a piece are they really better than a $60-70 aero lower? Never owned a BCM lower, but would like to (therefore the question).
    Last edited by alx01; 07-10-20 at 00:23.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Honest question. At $200 a piece are they really better than a $60-70 aero lower? Never owned a BCM lower, but would like to (therefore the question).
    I did Sign Up for a Notification but yea this is a legit question I feel ! Both are Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum, AERO says Anodized Black where the BCM says Receivers Hardcoat Anodized per MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2. Does this make a difference ? If your a hard use/LEO/Military/NINJA,,yea maybe it does. I know years ago there was a list of all the Manufactures of AR-15 Lowers and there were a lot more Brands of Lowers than there were manufacturers, I'm sure everyone has there own "Specs" also and that could be where the difference is ! Also to be fair, cheapest AERO I found was $80 bucks and NO Finish on it, most are around $100 bucks ! I think your in the Anderson Category for $60 Lowers. For sure it boils down to Brand Loyalty, Status fit/finish and real world testing. There probably have been a few more BCMs put through the ringer than AERO/Anderson and any of the other cheap0 lowers. I'm sure someone will come along with better reasons/answers than I provided and I will listen with a open mind for sure !

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If you dig BCM roll marks, yes. Allows you to build it how you wish.

ie KAC Stoner roll marks give me wood...
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IMO so long as everything is in spec, no they aren't. Theoretically however you've got less chance of one being out of spec as some of what you are paying for is quality control.

I personally prefer to buy the cheap lowers (without any markings at all if I can find them) and spend the money where it really counts (barrel, trigger, bolt etc).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    $200 is a decent price for a quality lower, and I would certainly pick BCM over Spikes Tactical which sell in that price range.

To me, the BCM and Aero (or PSA) lowers are just suited for different purposes and for building a quality AR, the BCM lower is worth the coin.

I would (and did) buy a PSA lower over Aero for a budget build. In my experience, Aero is less likely to replace a functional part that has a quality issue where PSA took care of me.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-10-20 at 07:24.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Too close in price to complete BCM lower. Those were under $400 before the pandemic.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wish they would leave the MULTI off the lower like Noveske and S&W do. Even the last Form 4 my friend put thru was kicked back because of MULTI. ATF wanted the actual caliber/s.

Edit: Before someone replies that caliber is required: Required by manufacturer on frame,barrel or receiver. MULTI is not a caliber.
    Last edited by VLODPG; 07-10-20 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    I wish they would leave the MULTI off the lower like Noveske and S&W do. Even the last Form 4 my friend put thru was kicked back because of MULTI. ATF wanted the actual caliber/s.

Edit: Before someone replies that caliber is required: Required by manufacturer on frame,barrel or receiver. MULTI is not a caliber.
    You don’t put the caliber marking that is on the receiver for a Form 1/4. You put the caliber you will be shooting.

As you said, MULTI is not a caliber - why anyone would put that on a Form 1/4 is beyond me

I would not buy a stripped BCM lower. Too many reports of out of spec magwells. I only buy completes so I can test it first.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast