Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Stripped Lowers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You don’t put the caliber marking that is on the receiver for a Form 1/4. You put the caliber you will be shooting.

As you said, MULTI is not a caliber - why anyone would put that on a Form 1/4 is beyond me

I would not buy a stripped BCM lower. Too many reports of out of spec magwells. I only buy completes so I can test it first.
    I put "MULTI" when I did my first Form1 on a BCM lower. Didn't know better. I cough it, called the ATF and was able to change it, got approved without being kicked back.

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Too close in price to complete BCM lower. Those were under $400 before the pandemic.
    Agreed. Grant has the stripped lowers for $199 but when the compete lowers are in stick, he still sells them for under $400.

What's smart is that the stripped lowers use a different serial number prefix so they can't be passed as complete factory lowers on the secondary market.
    Last edited by Alex V; 07-10-20 at 09:06.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    No way I'm paying $200 for a lower no matter who made it.

Just bought 3 Tactical Machine lowers for $69, these also came with the trigger guard and a upper adjustment screw mod.

These use Cerro Forge Blanks just like the big guys.

With the Lower mil-spec blue prints, and CNC Machining, it ain't Rocket Science any more!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mine shipped this morning.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I would not buy a stripped BCM lower. Too many reports of out of spec magwells. I only buy completes so I can test it first.
    Yes! Regardless of reputation, it pays to check everything you can possibly check and sometimes things can still slip by.

I had a BCM rifle, before they did the machine engraved rollmarks, that had the selector detent hole drilled out of position. It function checked fine and shot fine. I didn’t notice the selector was wonky until I tried to install a BAD ambi safety and the left-side lever was just kissing the side of the receiver. I tried several safety cores that were centered in other BCM and Stag lowers, so I knew it wasn’t the safeties.

As for these stripped lowers, I’d argue they aren’t selling them for rollmarks since these are marked differently from the complete assemblies/rifles. People would be paying for BCM’s reputation of quality control. I hope they’re not disappointed.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 07-10-20 at 12:02.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    All I can say is that this is a very pricey stripped lower receiver.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    $200 is a decent price for a quality lower, and I would certainly pick BCM over Spikes Tactical which sell in that price range.

To me, the BCM and Aero (or PSA) lowers are just suited for different purposes and for building a quality AR, the BCM lower is worth the coin.

I would (and did) buy a PSA lower over Aero for a budget build. In my experience, Aero is less likely to replace a functional part that has a quality issue where PSA took care of me.

Andy
    LOL,well as luck/fate would have it I just bought 2 SOLGW Lowers for $119.00 each, they will be @ my FFL on Saturday. I saw the Banner Ad for these and figured in would be a month or more even though it said coming "soon" ! Got a email notification today, Dam, should I or shouldn't I,LOL I'll think about it and if there still there on Monday then I will decide ! Maybe the thriving hordes will make my decision easy. LOL

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everyone in this thread thinking $200 is too much for a lower should get up, walk to your safe and add up everything you have spent. $200 will probably seem like not much. If you can't afford an extra bill for known quality, perhaps a new hobby is in order? Bottom line, these will sell to people who appreciate certain things.

Disclaimer, I own desirable and less desirable receivers.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Everyone in this thread thinking $200 is too much for a lower should get up, walk to your safe and add up everything you have spent. $200 will probably seem like not much. If you can't afford an extra bill for known quality, perhaps a new hobby is in order? Bottom line, these will sell to people who appreciate certain things.

I'm a people who appreciates certain things, like lowers that will drop PMAGs freely. I'm not spending $200 on a stripped lower that has a high probability of not doing so.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These lowers will be handy for some armed professionals who want to build a custom gun, but need a manufacturer from an approved list.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post

Not here to argue, as I dropped cash on a MARS-L stripped lower for over $200. ...Maybe that isn’t a great example, because I got a completely ambidextrous receiver, including mag releases, mag catch, safety, and bolt catches for under $240.
    OK, I guess that didn’t really make a bridge-building point.

Anyway, my point started out being that I don’t mind spending money on nice things. The question is whether the price is assessed as having a commensurate value to the consumer. Considering quality options like Sionics or Sons of Liberty GW (and ignoring a generally solid options like Aero Precision) can be had for substantially less, I don’t personally see the value proposition. Others may.
    It’s not a big deal, and this doesn’t need to be a “trash BCM” over a mag drop concern that wasn’t their fault and has been long resolved.
    They did a good thing here, though, by changing the serial number prefix for the stripped lowers. Very good.

I like BCM, but this does seem a little like they are trying to pay off their Ben Shapiro advertising real quickly.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 07-10-20 at 15:47.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast