Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCM Stripped Lowers

Feedback Score
    The fact of the matter is that stripped BCM lowers aren't available very often. I could see them charging more for that reason alone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Not here to argue, as I dropped cash on a MARS-L stripped lower for over $200. ...Maybe that isn’t a great example, because I got a completely ambidextrous receiver, including mag releases, mag catch, safety, and bolt catches for under $240.
    OK, I guess that didn’t really make a bridge-building point.

Anyway, my point started out being that I don’t mind spending money on nice things. The question is whether the price is assessed as having a commensurate value to the consumer. Considering quality options like Sionics or Sons of Liberty GW (and ignoring a generally solid options like Aero Precision) can be had for substantially less, I don’t personally see the value proposition. Others may.
    It’s not a big deal, and this doesn’t need to be a “trash BCM” over a mag drop concern that wasn’t their fault and has been long resolved.
    They did a good thing here, though, by changing the serial number prefix for the stripped lowers. Very good.

I like BCM, but this does seem a little like they are trying to pay off their Ben Shapiro advertising real quickly.
    I think you make some good points, especially on the MARS lower. It's not for me however. I like an ambi safety but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that stripped BCM lowers aren't available very often. I could see them charging more for that reason alone.
    Agreed. Compare them to the KAC stripped lower at the same price. Either way, it's a personal thing. Works for some but not others.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    BCM and KAC lowers probably won’t drop Gen 3 PMAGs

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Not here to argue, as I dropped cash on a MARS-L stripped lower for over $200. ...Maybe that isn’t a great example, because I got a completely ambidextrous receiver, including mag releases, mag catch, safety, and bolt catches for under $240.
    OK, I guess that didn’t really make a bridge-building point.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    These lowers will be handy for some armed professionals who want to build a custom gun, but need a manufacturer from an approved list.
    Both good and interesting points I haven't considered. LMT MARS does seem like a better value in this case.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    If KAC won’t they’ll make it right. In my case they sent me a new lower.

My BCM lower drops gen 3s
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have two BCM lowers that I bought from Brownells about a month or so ago.

They both drop Gen 3 PMags free just fine. Like they pop right out when you hit the mag release, unlike my DD that you have to hold just right or assist a little bit.

Also, one had a sticking bolt catch and BCM sent me a prepaid ship label and had it back to me repaired in one week.

I was actually prepared to be disappointed with the BCMs based on all the complaining here. I totally expected to have PMags not drop free and to be told to pound sand by BCM like Colt does.

However, everything works great and their customer service has been fantastic.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    There’s been a lot of evidence on here that that problem was quietly fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I have two BCM lowers that I bought from Brownells about a month or so ago.

They both drop Gen 3 PMags free just fine. Like they pop right out when you hit the mag release, unlike my DD that you have to hold just right or assist a little bit.

Also, one had a sticking bolt catch and BCM sent me a prepaid ship label and had it back to me repaired in one week.

I was actually prepared to be disappointed with the BCMs based on all the complaining here. I totally expected to have PMags not drop free and to be told to pound sand by BCM like Colt does.

However, everything works great and their customer service has been fantastic.
    You have a Colt that won't free fall Gen-3 PMags?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not any more but yes. I had a 6720 that was way tight with Pmags. I also had a 6920 Trooper show up with one bolt head sheared off on the Centurion rail.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Disheartening for sure. I can only base my experiences with a Colt 6920 and a BCM version of the 6720 from 9-10 years ago and both never had a problem with any generation of Pmags or USGI. Fortunately my Gen 2 Noveske Lower was manufactured with a cut-out in the magwell to accommodate Gen-3 PMags. Was your 6720 from a more recent production run?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast