Thread: Primary Arms Warranty a big Disappointment. Update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Primary Arms Warranty a big Disappointment. Update

Update: They agreed to send me a replacement scope. Hopefully all is well with the new one. I doubt I will be mounting it on my AR10 though. Already looking for a higher end one.

Over a month ago I built an AR10 in .308. I ended up taking my 5x ACSS off my AR15 that I had for some time without a single issue and mounted it on my AR10.

I sighted the rifle in with no issues. Well, around 75rnds total thru the gun I noticed random stringing and just bad grouping. Switching between 3 different kinds of ammo made no difference and I decided to move up to around 50yds to see if anything changed. No luck, yet I was able to get decent groups with my side mounted RMR. Pissed and not able to figure out the issue I went home.

Looking everything over at home I noticed the Rear Eyepiece Focus Ring was wobbly unless fully tightened down. I took the 5x off my gun and sure enough while looking through the eyepiece and moving it I could move the reticle(I'm assuming its etched to the glass on the eyepiece) I ended up clamping it to my table and sighting in on a target on my wall. I was able to move the reticle via the eyepiece up, down, left and right off the center of the target.

I emailed primary arms a couple days later. Got a very quick response, explained everything and made sure it was still under warranty. They sent me an RMR and I sent it in. Little over 2 weeks later I get this email.

They noted there is no mechanical issue that would affect it's functionality.Additionally, they are reporting that it is testing within the standards for the optic on the collimator (zeroing and adjustment) and in recoil testing (holding zero).
    Could NOT believe it. I'm assuming they didn't even look at the issue I described. The scope isn't losing zero, the eyepiece is shifting moving the reticle causing the point of aim/impact to be off. Either way they said they're sending it back. So, looks like I'll have to find the best focal point on it and red loctite the rear eyepiece and deal with it. I own lots of Primary Arms optics but this has changed my view of them.

I see they're a sponsor on here so hopefully my post doesnt magically disappear.
    Last edited by logan09; 07-14-20 at 20:57.