Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom loses the fight. What then?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    There's way more to it than "are you a gun-owning Conservative."

22 year old me would've grabbed all the Mosins I had and spam cans of ammo and gone full guerilla fighter because I had nothing to lose.

36 year old me has a wife, a two year old son, and a three week old son. I have everything to lose.

Call me whatever you want, but if it comes down to me fighting for "the republic" versus taking care of my family I'm taking door number two.

If that means taking the cash I have saved up, abandoning my house/mortgage, and taking my family somewhere else that's what I'll do. We are already making moves to distance ourselves - home schooling, stay at home wife working off my income living within our means, no debt other than the mortgage, etc. If things magically went upside-down overnight I'd have no problem paying cash for an RV, loading the family up and walking away from everything else we own, and hitting the road with some old shotgun and revolver I paid cash for in a parking lot. The sailboat idea is pretty cool too.

I hope there are plenty of current versions of 22 year old me who will go all in though.
    I'm also 35, married, and have a son. I don't want to go off to war if I can avoid it, but if the war is coming to us, it's going to keep coming no matter how much we move. This country isn't the only one in trouble; it's the world. Sooner or later, we have the choice of either surrender or fight, and run will no longer be an option.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This kinda shVt is what makes me believe that this pandemic crap is a farce:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-black...de-blasio-says

It's more about keeping the voices against this kind of thing silent and contributing to the loss of our freedoms.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    There's way more to it than "are you a gun-owning Conservative."

22 year old me would've grabbed all the Mosins I had and spam cans of ammo and gone full guerilla fighter because I had nothing to lose.

36 year old me has a wife, a two year old son, and a three week old son. I have everything to lose.

Call me whatever you want, but if it comes down to me fighting for "the republic" versus taking care of my family I'm taking door number two.

If that means taking the cash I have saved up, abandoning my house/mortgage, and taking my family somewhere else that's what I'll do. We are already making moves to distance ourselves - home schooling, stay at home wife working off my income living within our means, no debt other than the mortgage, etc. If things magically went upside-down overnight I'd have no problem paying cash for an RV, loading the family up and walking away from everything else we own, and hitting the road with some old shotgun and revolver I paid cash for in a parking lot. The sailboat idea is pretty cool too.

I hope there are plenty of current versions of 22 year old me who will go all in though.
    So is communist America a place that you want your kids to grow up in? I wouldn’t plan on any other country to be any better if America were to fall.

So do you fight to keep free American values so that your kids grow up with a brighter future than you do? Or do you run/hide and have your kids grow up with no future?

Do you think the American Revolution or the Civil War was only fought by 22 yo men without kids?
    Last edited by Ironman8; 07-10-20 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The "Hide" or "Skip town" folks are why this fu$ktardation can even gain traction. There is NO end to fighting for freedom EVER.

A large portion of gun owners disgust me. Always looking into defeat like a foregone conclusion. As long as they can hoard and hide enough for themselves, it's OK if the fight is lost.

Back in the Clinton Ban, you'd have these FU$Ks calling out those of us who ignored the ban. Little weasel pussies. Milling off Bayo studs, Ban compliant non threaded barrels, But they rocked the Moron Labe shirts and stickers like the true warriors they were.
    The only thing that chaps my cheeks more than that are the people who not just do that but try to convince everyone else that cowardice is a virtue. There are moonbat lawyers in pink shirts that have more testicular fortitude than half the gun owners. When those two stood up it embarrassed the cowards so much that they immediately tried to shift the conversation to their lack of training and bad tactics.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m 38, have a 3 year old and 4 month old twins and I will not allow their future and their Liberty to be taken from them without a Helluva fight on my part.

I won’t be leaving. There is nowhere else to go. This is it. The last remaining bastion of freedom in the entire world.

I’d rather my children knew me as the man who died to protect them and their Liberty and future than the coward who sold them out to Marxist fvcks and went into hiding/retreat mode until we all get placed in a gulag and end up slaves or dead anyways.

If you aren’t willing to fight for what our Constitution stands for, well, it’s pretty sad.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am mission critical for my boys. Period. If I get killed defending them, I will have done everything I could to protect them, but obviously things will be immensely worse for them if I'm killed standing between them and an enemy. I will not leave them defenseless at home just so I can go "fight for the republic."

At this point the patriot movement is nothing more than a bunch of internet talk anyway. The BLM people are literally organizing, looting, rioting, killing in the streets in our cities and the "patriots" are doing nothing. People can keyboard thump all they want but nobody is doing squat and the line in the sand keeps being moved because nobody wants to actually do anything.

Please don't talk to me about how my stance is bad while the self proclaimed patriots are just watching the world burn around them saying "maybe tomorrow is the day."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With all the talk about doing something and our means of resistance all but gone. Then when the neo-KGB shows up at your door you better be willing and ready to club them to death...you, your family and your neighbors and then EVERYONE keep your mouths shut.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    It’s not a joyous theoretical discussion to have.

Fast forward to 2025: The left has gained enough power to ram through (more) blatantly unconstitutional legislation, they’ve packed the courts, many states have attempted secession, they’ve had their leadership decapitated, full communism is in effect, they’re seizing private property, no more self defense, free speech, privacy, etc. Constitutionalists can’t get anything done in the courts or in the ballot box. Violent resisters are made example of, every skirmish ends in piles of dead American civilians, the police and military had 30% defection, but it didn’t amount to enough and after 4 or 5 long years of violence, it has become clear that freedom has lost the fight and the place is run by despots. They have won. It wasn’t even close.

What do you do then?
    Let’s say for arguments’ sake that either you didn’t participate in the war, or you did but were able to maintain your anonymity. What do you do then?

I suspect most of you will provide a non-answer with: “I’ll never have to see that day, because I will have died in combat trying to prevent it. Their victory will only come once every last one of us that believes in human rights has been murdered. As long as I have air in my lungs I will resist.”

All the chest thumping aside, what would you do if they achieved full victory?
    Figured I'd repost the OP since most replies have been opposite of what was requested.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Figured I'd repost the OP since most replies have been opposite of what was requested.
    Yeah, answering the OP's actual question hasn't been popular so far.

As I read it, it was "you are a capitalist/Kulak in 1925 Russia," or "you are a confederate in 1867 Georgia," or "you are a nationalist Chinese in 1950 Shanghai," etc. etc.

Protip: chest beating aside, the people who flee to somewhere else after their side is totally defeated have historically done 1000 times better than those who keep fighting with no support or allies.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Yeah, answering the OP's actual question hasn't been popular so far.

As I read it, it was "you are a capitalist/Kulak in 1925 Russia," or "you are a confederate in 1867 Georgia," or "you are a nationalist Chinese in 1950 Shanghai," etc. etc.

Protip: chest beating aside, the people who flee to somewhere else after their side is totally defeated have historically done 1000 times better than those who keep fighting with no support or allies.
    I'm thinking we take over Siberia. it's not like the Russians are really using much of that space.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast