Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom loses the fight. What then?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm 29 and very happily married to the woman of my dreams. I live on a quiet farm in NE Oklahoma where I have the freedom to live as I please. I have two girls (two years old and four years old). My wife is pregnant with our third child, which will be our first boy. My family, and the life we live together, means everything to me.

I will not stand idly by and watch the country I call home be destroyed. My children already stand to have a much more difficult life than I've had. I won't stand by and hope they are left alone.

The cost of freedom is paid in blood, pain, misery, and death. I'd much rather pay that toll than even entertain the thought of letting my children pay for it later.

If I die, I die. I couldn't imagine living the rest of my life wondering if I'd have made a difference. There's only one way to find out.

These people will not leave us and ours alone. They will take and take, until the only thing left to take is our lives themselves.

If we fail, the world will plunge into a new dark age. We absolutely CAN NOT let that happen.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with the overall sentiment of your post.

However, what happens once you are killed and your wife and children become slaves or worse without you around to fend for them?

Anyone familiar with what happened to the women and children left at home alone once Sherman's army found them on his march to the sea?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Yeah, answering the OP's actual question hasn't been popular so far.

As I read it, it was "you are a capitalist/Kulak in 1925 Russia," or "you are a confederate in 1867 Georgia," or "you are a nationalist Chinese in 1950 Shanghai," etc. etc.

Protip: chest beating aside, the people who flee to somewhere else after their side is totally defeated have historically done 1000 times better than those who keep fighting with no support or allies.
    Assuming we have total defeat, or assuming there’s somewhere else to go. Also, it’s one thing to go into exile and long for the season to be right for return, and another to simply give up. If you retreat, don’t do so out of surrender; do it to regroup.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-10-20 at 17:47.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Yeah, answering the OP's actual question hasn't been popular so far.

As I read it, it was "you are a capitalist/Kulak in 1925 Russia," or "you are a confederate in 1867 Georgia," or "you are a nationalist Chinese in 1950 Shanghai," etc. etc.

Protip: chest beating aside, the people who flee to somewhere else after their side is totally defeated have historically done 1000 times better than those who keep fighting with no support or allies.
    Where do you flee too? Antarctica? There is no where to flee to this time around.

In all of your other scenarios except 1867 Georgia, the USA was the place to flee to to find Liberty and prosperity, a new life away from the marxists.

Even in 1867 Georgia, you could go to other parts of the USA to get away and you still had the Liberty and freedom of our Constitution.

There is no where to flee too now. No where left to fight for except here.

You could go live a rough life in the middle of a forest somewhere, but that's not a long term plan, a brutal life and eventually you'd likely get strung up by the powers that be anyways.

So where would you go, then?
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I agree with the overall sentiment of your post.

However, what happens once you are killed and your wife and children become slaves or worse without you around to fend for them?

Anyone familiar with what happened to the women and children left at home alone once Sherman's army found them on his march to the sea?
    Did the men who stayed home and did not fight magically NOT incur the wrath of Sherman during his march to the sea? Did those mens women and children receive different treatment?
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As bad as thing are right now on the face of it, deep down I really don't believe that or at least hold hope that people in this country aren't standing with the radical agenda of the left. At least in the rural areas of this country. If things do go down the tubes, I believe that there will be plenty of folks to stand with. Thing is that you need to get out and talk with your neighbors about this stuff. Some people in our area are coming together to form the beginnings of an organized "neighborhood watch" if you will. How that will work out is still to be determined, but it is beginning.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    I have stated many times that if the USA goes down the world will enter a new dark age.

This will not mean that you could make a go of it someplace else. Think WW2. More nations of the world were not at war, than were at war. Some people made huge fortunes because of the war, they sold supplies to both sides.

The problem I have has been shown here in this thread, and doesn't surprise me. People never change, read Solzhenitsyn. The people in the USSR didn't fight back, KGB educated everyone to snitch off everyone else. Stalin put more people in Gulags in a short period of time than probably Hitler and his boys put into camps.
    Solzhenitsyn, told us what to do. It is what his people didn't do. It is what I used to tell Palestinians when they told me they wanted to live in peace, my reply was if I know in your village the terrorist live in the 3rd house down from the well, so do you. Go there in the middle of the night everyone that wants peace and kill every terrorist in the house. Oh I can't do that my brother, my cousin etc live there. So I would tell them to get the hell away from me because they really didn't want peace.

After the election no matter who wins, would be the time I would tell people to fight back if I were hired to consult on how to win the battle before it became a war. For we know the Republicans are lazy bastards with no balls. For if they had any balls, Obama and Biden would have already been in a perp walk, for using the FBI like the KGB.

I will not state here what I mean about fight back read Solzhenitsyn.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    37, married, no kids for reasons that are becoming more and more evident every day.

If the US falls, there is no place to flee. We are the only country with a protected free speech and firearm ownership. If the US falls, the rest of the world falls.

If that happens I will go covert, become part of the Brotherhood like 1984.

"You are prepared to cheat, to forge, to blackmail, to corrupt the minds of children, to distribute habit-forming drugs, to encourage prostitution, to disseminate venereal diseases—to do anything which is likely to cause demoralization and weaken the power of the Party? If, for example, it would somehow serve our interests to throw sulfuric acid in a child’s face—are you prepared to do that?"

Yes.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OK, but here is the really bad news to add to the OP's scenario (I come from a computer, data, cellular/wireless background).

With diminished civil rights this could happen quickly...

1. They will use all the electronic signatures you've left behind since you first made a purchase, sent an e-mail, or used a search engine on the internet to profile everyone and assign risk metrics. They will know your psychological makeup, your political and religious beliefs, your habits, family members, associates, where you work, what you've bought, and where you've been in the past. They will control speech.

2. Everyone will be chipped. There will be a penalty if you are not, thanks to the new 5G networks. And they will know your location. Removal or damage to the chip will be harshly dealt with.

3. How will they force you to get chipped? Currency will be outlawed, only electronic money kept on your chip will be valid. You will only be able to buy what they want you to buy.

4. Facial and behavioral recognition will be used, in addition to chip tracking.

5. They will control your medical care.

6. Automobiles will be tracked electronically and can be disabled remotely. They will also restrict the movements of your auto to where they want you to be allowed to go. Gasoline, to the extent it still exists will be tightly controlled.

7. Using these tools they will FORCE you to move to the cities where they can control you more easily.

8. Don't ever fall for the implementation of self driving cars.

Be on the lookout and stop the implementation of electronic currency, the left (Nancy Pelosi) has been pushing parts of this agenda already.

If any substantial parts of the above control grid are implemented there will be NO chance to fight back...
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-10-20 at 12:23.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast