Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Female gets Green Beanie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There are women in Delta that put in work with guns.

Anyway, congratulations to this lady; I hope that she lives up to the standards and has a prosperous career and sees E9. God knows she’s more proficient than 99% here. Absolutely!
    I'm sure there are women shooting with the likes of CAG, NoVa, SAD, etc. My point was do they have the Camp Dawson sticker on their bookbag?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Oh I didn't mean all SF support people. I read a year or so ago that the Q-Course for both SF and CA actually interact during Robin Sage now, so I took it to mean those were CA folks assigned to a Group. Didn't realize it was for all CA troops.

Hell even when I was in back during the musket days I had heard about truck drivers in Ranger Batt who got tabbed. They tend to hold their support guys to a tighter standard than an SF support battalion. That said, in Niger that SF E-5 support guy was one of the KIA; he was the black kid MIA for a day or two until they recovered his remains.

One of my best friends is a retired E-9 from 5th Group and at one point after his team sergeant stint he was company SGM of the support unit. He said he'd take his support guys along on missions. Usually they volunteered as a chance to get "outside the wire" (this was 25+ years ago, Somalia, Desert Storm). Probably along the same lines as that guy I mentioned above in Niger. They didn't undergo any special "selection" or anything but eagerly got in the groove when given the chance, even if it wasn't door-kicking and just being in an overwatch position or such.
    Yup, he was a mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'm sure there are women shooting with the likes of CAG, NoVa, SAD, etc. My point was do they have the Camp Dawson sticker on their bookbag?
    Edit: they attend the course.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-11-20 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Well, this probably won't be a big career booster for her.

The first female Green Beret is facing a court appearance in Colorado after police said she fired a handgun inside her apartment and sent a bullet into her neighbor's bathroom.

The woman, identified in police documents as Agnija Reke, 34, has been charged with a misdemeanor and faces a court date later this month in Colorado Springs, according to police and court officials. Reke told officers she fired the loaded gun indoors last month by mistake while training in her home, a characterization echoed by the Army.

"Our command is engaged with local authorities regarding an incident involving one of our soldiers and an apparent accidental discharge of a firearm at an off-post residence in Colorado Springs," Maj. Dan Lessard, spokesman for 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne), said.

First female Green Beret charged in Colorado with accidentally shooting into neighbor's apartment

First female Green Beret facing charge for accidentally firing gun in apartment
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If a man had a ND in a private, off-post dwelling, it would have never made the news.

Feedback Score
    Everybody remember Chuck Pressburg?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    If a man had a ND in a private, off-post dwelling, it would have never made the news.
    If the projectile stayed in their own private dwelling or the owner/occupant that caught it didn't care that it happened maybe. Sending rounds in to homes of others tends to get noticed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Everybody remember Chuck Pressburg?

Roland Special.

He is a male SF who ND'd in to his brother in law which made the news and then caused more news with his Lake Arthur pay for LEOSA play badge along with a load of others.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Knowing one team guy who had an ND in a private residence, I can say that maybe it didn't make news but it certainly meant he was "reassigned." But this was some time ago when "support our troops," was the rally call of most of the citizenry.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    If the projectile stayed in their own private dwelling or the owner/occupant that caught it didn't care that it happened maybe. Sending rounds in to homes of others tends to get noticed.
    National news? No, it doesn't. The headline here is the split-tail, not the ND. I do not feel bad for her, but I do for her command: you do nothing, it's favoritism. You reassign, it's discrimination. If this was Jane Doe of the motor pool it's just another page 5 story in the local paper.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast