Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deer Jihad!!!

Feedback Score
    Im a meat hunter (cant eat antlers), we hunted around Craig Colorado this year. It was my first deer season in the last 4 years due to being overseas.

1 Muley in CO and i killed a little Whitetail in MT, as soon as i got back to the house a Buck about 3 times bigger than the one i shot walked through my yard...go figure.q

Elk hunting was horrible in both States this season. I think we saw 7 Elk total in CO (we normally see thousands in that area) and i saw 1 legal bull in MT. Chased his ass on foot from 5200 ft to 8000 and never got a shot at him. Im planning on ambushing his arse next year

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Update

Well, car is supposed to be out of the shop tomorrow evening. Total bill: $10,344.00

Grrrrr....

Since I've had the better part of three weeks of driving the rental around, I've had plenty of time to research and look at a few of the excellent options shared here and in other threads. Thanks to Robb and Bernie at VA Arms, I've picked up my Deer Adjuster / early Christmas present:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308

Still thinking through the scope option, however, I am one step closer to getting even!

The rifle joins the other critter control devices in the stable:

(L-R) Mossy 590, Remmy 700, and Noveske N4FSR.

Saw a couple of comments on deer whistles - they don't work. Several university studies to confirm observed behavior. The brush guard helps, but it looks kind of funky on the family wagon!

Thanks again for the help in picking up the new rifle. I may still get a big(ger) bore upper, however, I just picked up this:

and I have an SBR project to keep me busy into the New Year.

Grant - I'll take one of your LPKs whenever they're ready!

Cheers,
    Pk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123