Thread: 2 upper options

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

2 upper options

I know they are all solid but I want to grab one of these that’ll get an LPVO for a general rifle.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...-13-handguard/

Like the idea of the medium weight 14.5 but they are out of most muzzle options so I’d take the A2, order and EFAB, and send it to ADCO to be pinned which is a little bit of a hassle.

I have a 14.5 ELW with a pinned comp mod 1 and it’s ok but a little blasty so don’t want to get another.

Or

Feedback Score
    Medium weight, I have a 16" ELW and I really do like it for the weight, but I shot one of the medium weight uppers and I really liked how it felt and shot. The ELW is a great all around upper, but if you are going to put a LPVO on it, I'd go for something heavier and maintains its accuracy better.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The lighter weight bbl will offset some of the added LPVO+mount weight.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    The lighter weight bbl will offset some of the added LPVO+mount weight.
    This. I would've said just go with the 16"BBL to save the hassle, since the length difference (for most purposes) is not significant. But the weight of an LPVO with mount will start to add up with the extra length of the medium 16"BBL.

That said, if you're not planning on holding it at high ready for extended periods of time or hiking with it slung, probably not a big deal. But my rifles tend to be heavier so I'm biased.
    "Some people don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The 14.5 will for sure run faster and softer, if you’re into that sorta thing. Nothing at all wrong with a 16” mid tho.

It really all depends on wether you’re ok with having a pinned and welded muzzle device or not. If not, I say rock the 14.5 all day. If it’s gonna bother you or be a hindrance down the road, then 16”.

Feedback Score
    After trying all the different barrel lengths/gas systems,I settled on a couple 14.5’s(both carbine and pinned and welded,one is m4,the other is m4a1) and a couple 20’s.i definitely enjoy my my 14.5 m4 profile the most,but the m4a1 is just a touch more accurate.
    Ymmv?
    Last edited by Milspec78; 07-12-20 at 12:49. Reason: Forgot something

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I know they are all solid but I want to grab one of these that’ll get an LPVO for a general rifle.

Like the idea of the medium weight 14.5 but they are out of most muzzle options so I’d take the A2, order and EFAB, and send it to ADCO to be pinned which is a little bit of a hassle.

I have a 14.5 ELW with a pinned comp mod 1 and it’s ok but a little blasty so don’t want to get another.

Or

I think this is the one to get.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mk2-...-13-handguard/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I have that one already lol.

I actually ended up ordering a 14.5 BFH Gov profile with a KMR and pinned Warcomp today. I actually like gov profile sometimes because I like the weight out front. Helps with swinging the gun and keeping it settled IMO. And got a KMR because the MCMR with that combo wasn’t available, I think keymod looks cool, and I want to be different since it’s not the hip thing anymore ha.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I have that one already lol.

I actually ended up ordering a 14.5 BFH Gov profile with a KMR and pinned Warcomp today. I actually like gov profile sometimes because I like the weight out front. Helps with swinging the gun and keeping it settled IMO. And got a KMR because the MCMR with that combo wasn’t available, I think keymod looks cool, and I want to be different since it’s not the hip thing anymore ha.
    Uh....OK