I’m mostly going to copy/paste from a rabbit trail that started on the Deals thread. My proposition is this:
Colt makes quality, known products that typically (nearly always) function well, though not always cosmetically perfect. They are the originators of the M4 and the longest builders of the AR-15 family. However, their value has not maintained due to lack of innovation, with subjectively and/or objectively better products from competitors available for the same price or less.

My original comment:
Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
I can identify with this, as my company never competes on price: we compete on value. Our service is by far the best in the industry, so we charge accordingly.
The difficulty with Colt is that...at $1200 for a semi-auto, 1.5” extra long, M4 heat shield as handguards, carbine-gassed, gov’t profile carbine... They are well into the territory of other solid manufacturers that provide improvements at the same price point.
For a coarse analogy... You can’t charge a premium to ship a pallet, if your service is equivalent to other shippers (and good)...but your competitors offer online tracking and you don’t.
Pardon the aside. I love my CCU, and a complete CCU is probably worth $1200. Not so sure about a 6920. I have a feeling that Colt wasn’t selling at $1200 and was forced to drop their price to move product.
And Stickman’s response:

Let’s start a new thread on this topic if you are up for it. Title it whatever you want and drop it in this section. I think there are a lot of arguments both ways for what you are saying.
Stick