Thread: I have a factory built MWS and

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I have a factory built MWS and

I have a factory built 6.5 MWS and the front pivot pin requires a hammer to get open or closed, anybody experienced this and how did you resolve? I oiled it and it had no effect. It was always very tight build, but this is insane.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Interestingly, my MWS MLK upper does the same thing but I discovered the sequence was to pull out rear pin, which was reasonable and didn't require excessive force, then pivot the upper from the lower before pushing out the front pin. I found that once the receivers get past about 45 degrees apart, the front pin comes out like normal.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Interestingly, my MWS MLK upper does the same thing but I discovered the sequence was to pull out rear pin, which was reasonable and didn't require excessive force, then pivot the upper from the lower before pushing out the front pin. I found that once the receivers get past about 45 degrees apart, the front pin comes out like normal.
    I'll try that next time. I have done with my M4's before.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    On my MWS and mrp you have to do as crosseyedshooter stated above.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Agreed with what was said above about more than 45 degrees apart. You shouldn’t need to hammer it at all.