Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else loves Rem oil wipes..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Who else loves Rem oil wipes..

I don't often clean my guns so when I do, if I waste a little money on wipes, so be it. But one way to preserve your pricey wipes is to get a box of Baby Wipes and start with them and finish with pricey oil wipes.

Your welcome. Now go shoot your beloved AR's.

Blue lives matter!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Is that a one-shot deal and you throw it away or can it be re-used?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don't often clean my guns so when I do, if I waste a little money on wipes, so be it. But one way to preserve your pricey wipes is to get a box of Baby Wipes and start with them and finish with pricey oil wipes.

Your welcome. Now go shoot your beloved AR's.
    Bet your AR's smell purty!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Is that a one-shot deal and you throw it away or can it be re-used?
    One and done, but you don't need to use the whole thing in one shot. I cut off sections as I need them and a little goes a long ways.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I dug through my shit and found Pro Shot Lead Clean Gun Cloth. But how is this more efficient than using Boretech Eliminator and regular patches? Seems like I would run through this guy in short order.

This product says, run a patch of this then several regualr patches. hmm

I'm down to learn so please explain.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PB-
    As far as Rem Oil goes..of all the stuff Ive used on firearms for well over 40 years, that stuff was the worst. I really dont know what it "does".
    It sure as hell doesnt prevent rust- I used it awhile after it came out- I remember a couple of shottys rusting underneath the oil it looked like.
    As a lube, its shit, runs off quickly and doesnt stay put, its too watery for my tastes, and there are many many videos on YT doing comparisons with other oils/lubes & it always come in last or near last.
    I have a HATRED of all things Remington, so my opinion may not be what youre looking for.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My son is a big fan of Remoil wipes. I would rather keep a small bottle of better oil in the PG and use one of the 10 applicators I was born with.

Andy

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    PB-
    As far as Rem Oil goes..of all the stuff Ive used on firearms for well over 40 years, that stuff was the worst. I really dont know what it "does".
    It sure as hell doesnt prevent rust- I used it awhile after it came out- I remember a couple of shottys rusting underneath the oil it looked like.
    As a lube, its shit, runs off quickly and doesnt stay put, its too watery for my tastes, and there are many many videos on YT doing comparisons with other oils/lubes & it always come in last or near last.
    I have a HATRED of all things Remington, so my opinion may not be what youre looking for.
    Rem Oil is pretty good at helping things rust but not as good as WD40.

Feedback Score
    Rem oil is one of the worst. The end

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast