Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else loves Rem oil wipes..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RemOil is the only oil based “lubricant” that I don’t recommend. I’d personally recommend anything, even Walmart engine oil, over it any day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    RemOil is the only oil based “lubricant” that I don’t recommend. I’d personally recommend anything, even Walmart engine oil, over it any day.
    NOT wanting or trying to turn this into yet ANOTHER lube thread, but just you quick thoughts on Ballistol, as a cleaner, a lube..whatever.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the original post was about REM-OIL WIPES

I personally love them, use them to clean all my guns. Clean and wipe down. NOT for lubricant. When I'm finished cleaning, I use Mobil-1 Synthetic 5W-30 oil OR Wilson Combat Ulti-Lube of some variety.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The funny thing about this thread, I was touting using baby wipes, but that got lost because of the poorly used title. They are cheap and do a great job of wiping the gunk off your shit before lubing. I think I might prefer them over the Rem oil wipes after using on so many guns for cleaning this past week.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-14-20 at 11:25.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The funny thing about this thread, I was touting using baby wipes, but that got lost because of the poorly used title. They are cheap and do a great job of wiping the gunk off your shit before lubing. I think I might prefer them over the Rem oil wipes after using on so many guns for cleaning this past week.
    PB
    Ha!
    So you actually meant using the baby wipes to clean?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Ha!
    So you actually meant using the baby wipes to clean?
    I used both but always used another lube once they were cleaned. But after my marathon of cleaning this week, I am favoring the baby wipes. They are cheaper and do just as good in most cases. I started using them to conserve the more pricey Rem wipes, but many times I didn't need the oily cloth to get the BCG's clean. Which is where I mostly used them. I use Boretech on my barrels and finish with a lubricant to preserve. I was never overly picky about my lubes.

I attended a 1911 building and shooting class with Rob Letham and Jason Burton, Burton said the whole lube thing was great marketing. Most products were a lot more similar than different. I feel the same for the most part. But whatever gives you peace of mind....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    PB
    Do the baby wipes ever seem to negatively impact the lubes?

Not really thinking they would...but just wondering. I do like the idea...I keep them in my vehicles to wash my hands after the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not to my knowledge, all I know is I rarely clean my guns and they run. My LMT MWS's looked like I dumped a jar of peanut butter on the BCG's. I wish I had taken some pics.

I bought a bunch of these when the crazy fkn toilet paper nutcasism's. "Signature Care" Fragrance Free-Hypoallergenic-with Aloe Extract w/Vitamin D.
    They just cleaned up the BCG's and didn't smear as the oil wipes did. And they didn't leave a heavy film on them either. They are pretty stout too. I like to wrap the chamber brush and stroke the chamber and upper receiver to start the clean.

If these were relabeled BCM wipes.........

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-14-20 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    Not to my knowledge, all I know is I rarely clean my guns and they run. My LMT MWS's looked like I dumped a jar of peanut butter on the BCG's. I wish I had taken some pics.

I bought a bunch of these when the crazy fkn toilet paper nutcasism's. "Signature Care" Fragrance Free-Hypoallergenic-with Aloe Extract w/Vitamin D.
    They just cleaned up the BCG's and didn't smear as the oil wipes did. And they didn't leave a heavy film on them either. They are pretty stout too. I like to wrap the chamber brush and stroke the chamber and upper receiver to start the clean.

If these were relabeled BCM wipes.........

PB
    Thanks PB! Gonna give them a shot!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Ive used & LOVED Ballistol for years now- was unaware of the wipes..THANKS for that link! I even like the smell.
    Also- Im a Lucas man too, I like the gun grease, fwiw.
    I like Lucas for two reasons...

1. The guy on TOS Battlefield Vegas thread said it worked well, and they would know

2. Readily available at every ORilley Auto Parts around me, both CLP and Extreme Lube

But I’m down for wiping the first layers of crap and crud off with baby wipes as a start for those long range sessions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast