Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion BCG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Centurion BCG

Is there a reason why Monty’s BCGs are so inexpensive compared to other manufacturers? I can’t believe I am seeing them go for $125. Picked up a couple just because they were there... Is the mainstream AR community not clued in?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanowe View Post
    Is there a reason why Monty’s BCGs are so inexpensive compared to other manufacturers? I can’t believe I am seeing them go for $125. Picked up a couple just because they were there... Is the mainstream AR community not clued in?
    How is this technical in any way?
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-10-20 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    How is this technical in any way?
    Is there an technical or QC reason why his bcgs are relatively inexpensive when compared to other quality manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think there might be several reasons.

One might be that Centurion Arms is not as well-established in the market as those they see as competitors and they are trying to compete on price to get market share.

Another might simply be that $125.00 is seen as the price which gives them what they consider a fair profit.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think there might be several reasons.

One might be that Centurion Arms is not as well-established in the market as those they see as competitors and they are trying to compete on price to get market share.

Another might simply be that $125.00 is seen as the price which gives them what they consider a fair profit.
    Thanks. I assume they still are not HP testing their bolts. Last good info I could find was from 2013. Have a great weekend.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IIRC both Noveske and Centurion feel that HP proof round is detrimental and that there are other ways to maintain good QC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanowe View Post
    Thanks. I assume they still are not HP testing their bolts. Last good info I could find was from 2013. Have a great weekend.
    So, you just bought a couple of their bcgs, and didn't even read the specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Arms
    Specs:

Mil-spec Carpenter No. 158
    HP/MPI bolt (magnetic particle inspected)
    Shot peened bolt
    Chrome lined carrier (auto)
    Chrome lined gas key
    Gas key hardened to mil spec
    Grade 8 fasteners
    Staked gas key
    Tool steel extractor
    https://www.centurionarms.com/bolt-c...p-p/bcg-c4.htm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not marked HP, but bolt face does have fired markings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LMT/556; 07-10-20 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://www.primaryarms.com/centurio...-carrier-group
    The Centurion Arms C4 Bolt Carrier Group features an M16 profile and is full auto tested to ensure a lifetime of reliability. The bolt head is machined from Carpenter 158 steel and is magnetic particle inspected. The face of the bolt has been shot peened to disrupt the flat surface on a microscopic level to increase strength for dealing with the high pressures of 5.56 ammo. The tool steel extractor is made to withstand thousands and thousands of rounds without breaking. The internals of the carrier and gas key are chrome lined to prevent erosion of the steel from hot expanding gasses. The gas key is attached with grade 8 screws and staked to prevent them from walking out.

Features:

M16 profile
    Full auto rated
    Carpenter 158 bolt
    Shot peened
    Magnetic particle inspected
    Chrome lined internals
    Properly staked grade 8 gas key screws
    Tool steel extractor
    Phosphate coating

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Between Geissele BCG's and Monte's (Centurion), there's really no reason to look elsewhere. They're both damn good, top shelf stuff, and the prices on them just makes it icing on the cake.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast