Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aiming night vision and LPVO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a PVS 14 WP and it does not work well with my NF NX8. Red fot works much better.

However I am tempted to put a rds on top of my G mount.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grab a badger c1 with offset red dot or a reptila offset ring that goes with geissele mounts. Passive aiming with nods through a LPVO is nearly impossible. An arisaka offset mount is also a great option if you already have a LPVO mount you like. Both the arisaka, badger, and reptila mounts will clear all IR lasers, including the mawl.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    This, simply.
    Yea, but no because passive adds a lot to the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Grab a badger c1 with offset red dot or a reptila offset ring that goes with geissele mounts. Passive aiming with nods through a LPVO is nearly impossible. An arisaka offset mount is also a great option if you already have a LPVO mount you like. Both the arisaka, badger, and reptila mounts will clear all IR lasers, including the mawl.
    Are you saying an offset dot will work under nods? Monocular (on non-dominant eye) or dual tube?

Based on responses in my “Do All Carbine“ thread linked above, it seemed like it wouldn’t.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Are you saying an offset dot will work under nods? Monocular (on non-dominant eye) or dual tube?

Based on responses in my “Do All Carbine“ thread linked above, it seemed like it wouldn’t.
    **** yea an offset red dot sight will work under all nods. Who ever told you they wouldn't has never had any time under nods. RMR, DPP, T series and aimpoint clones, acro, holosun all of them work under nods with their NV settings

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    **** yea an offset red dot sight will work under all nods. Who ever told you they wouldn't has never had any time under nods. RMR, DPP, T series and aimpoint clones, acro, holosun all of them work under nods with their NV settings
    Do you use offset from the top 1913 rail on the receiver, or offset but attached to the primary optic in some way?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Well I won’t say names but in that thread linked on page one, there were plenty of guys that I know have plenty of time behind nods that said it wouldn’t work well. It was the alignment behind the offset RD and not the NV capability of the RD that seemed to be the issue.

If that’s not the case and maybe I misunderstood what they were saying, then I’m extremely happy to hear that!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Do you use offset from the top 1913 rail on the receiver, or offset but attached to the primary optic in some way?
    You can use whichever so long as the RDS is high enough up that you can actually see through it properly when you rotate the gun. Even better if it’s on the same centerline as your primary optic like with the Badger Mounts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Use a laser. Only turn the laser on momentarily when shooting. Laser discipline.

I get what you want, and it’s not a bad idea, but either way if you’re serious about using it at night a laser is mandatory.

Even an eotech is not that easy to use with nods. Getting a site picture is easy enough, but if there is not enough ambient light you won’t be able to see the target and will need an IR illuminator. Again with the Illuminator you’ll need to employee laser discipline. So either way you need a peq15 or a mawl.

If you’re dead serious about a super sneaky gun at night you should set up a dedicated night-fighter gun with an eotech and laser/illuminator.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Use a laser. Only turn the laser on momentarily when shooting. Laser discipline.

I get what you want, and it’s not a bad idea, but either way if you’re serious about using it at night a laser is mandatory.

Even an eotech is not that easy to use with nods. Getting a site picture is easy enough, but if there is not enough ambient light you won’t be able to see the target and will need an IR illuminator. Again with the Illuminator you’ll need to employee laser discipline. So either way you need a peq15 or a mawl.

If you’re dead serious about a super sneaky gun at night you should set up a dedicated night-fighter gun with an eotech and laser/illuminator.
    They make Surefire Vampires for a reason

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast