Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP - Jerez

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MotoGP - Jerez

Great race to start off the season. It's about time. Congrats to Quartararo on his first win.

Reigning champ Marquez pushed too hard and payed for it - twice. He was blazing fast though. Shows how much he teeters on the edge of catastrophe. What a save the first time too. He totally lost the front and the bike was sliding on his leg and he saved it...although making hm run wide into the kitty's litter resulting in next to last place by the time he got back on track.

Pushing hard again, he got all the way back to 3rd and was going for 2nd when his rear got loose sending him into a nasty high side crash. First race and he broke his right humerus. Nasty.

For those of you who don't watch MotoGP, give it a whirl. Riders actually pass each other....a bunch.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Great race to start off the season. It's about time. Congrats to Quartararo on his first win.

Reigning champ Marquez pushed too hard and payed for it - twice. He was blazing fast though. Shows how much he teeters on the edge of catastrophe. What a save the first time too. He totally lost the front and the bike was sliding on his leg and he saved it...although making hm run wide into the kitty's litter resulting in next to last place by the time he got back on track.

Pushing hard again, he got all the way back to 3rd and was going for 2nd when his rear got loose sending him into a nasty high side crash. First race and he broke his right humerus. Nasty.

For those of you who don't watch MotoGP, give it a whirl. Riders actually pass each other....a bunch.

I used to watch religiously and rode a bike. Kind of lost interest I think when they went from liter bikes to smaller CC (800CC I think). Gave up riding when the family thing started, and I got back to the states while realizing how retarded both the laws mixed with the drivers are here with respect to bikes. Didn't feel like getting a felony reckless ticket or getting smashed for the shit I did in Germany. Had open speed or just nice rides up and down the Rhine river. My peak riding time was around the same time Rossi was still dominating.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Got Rossi’s “autobiography” on the shelf and the “The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid” DVD unpacked for whenever the kids are old enough to appreciate.

Very much regret not getting down to Indy while they had the race there.
    But honestly, I don’t watch since offloading the bikes. It’d be depressing.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Got Rossi’s “autobiography” on the shelf and the “The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid” DVD unpacked for whenever the kids are old enough to appreciate.

Very much regret not getting down to Indy while they had the race there.
    But honestly, I don’t watch since offloading the bikes. It’d be depressing.

Kind of where Im at and coming back to the US. Got used to the autobahn and German drivers not trying to kill you constantly. Rode here for a few months and hung it up. Add to that I was still active duty, and commands treated guys with M endorsements like radioactive time bombs every weekend I just didn't see the point anymore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I used to watch religiously and rode a bike. Kind of lost interest I think when they went from liter bikes to smaller CC (800CC I think). Gave up riding when the family thing started, and I got back to the states while realizing how retarded both the laws mixed with the drivers are here with respect to bikes. Didn't feel like getting a felony reckless ticket or getting smashed for the shit I did in Germany. Had open speed or just nice rides up and down the Rhine river. My peak riding time was around the same time Rossi was still dominating.
    Well, they are back to 1000's if that interests you.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post

The best motorsport going. How anyone watches NASCAR after MotoGP, I have no idea.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    The best motorsport going. How anyone watches NASCAR after MotoGP, I have no idea.

Rally is about the only thing that compares IMO. Two guys hauling ass down dirt or gravel tracks that I have no idea how people don't crash out every race.

Single most badass event is Isle of Man but thats a whole other topic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    NASCAR was a lot better when there were no restrictor plates and the cars were actually different. They neutered themselves into oblivion. F1 - same deal.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Rally is about the only thing that compares IMO. Two guys hauling ass down dirt or gravel tracks that I have no idea how people don't crash out every race.

Single most badass event is Isle of Man but thats a whole other topic.
    For a single event as opposed to a race circuit IoM is the clear winner. I remember when I was younger 60 Minutes did a piece on it and my mom and aunt were questioning why anyone would want to do that...while I was thinking it was all I wanted to do.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Love me some motogp. I’m a huge Rossi fan and loved it when he took a race from a young Marquez in 2011 or 2012 I believe it was. Marc has been dominating since though and much respect for that guy. Impressive how he can battle through the pack twice in one race. He’s the best there is now. Sad to see the season get away from him already.

Sport bike racing is by far the most exciting thing to watch as far as motor sports go. Bill Burr hits the nail on the head every time he talks about motogp on his podcast. I used to mock race on closed tracks. I wish they still televised it on fox sports like they did 10 years ago. Nowadays viewing is only prerecorded or a live stream subscription through motogp’s website for $120 a year. Unless someone can hopefully tell me otherwise.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast