Thread: New LTWT upper, Barrels

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New LTWT upper, Barrels

So I want to build a lightweight upper to go with the lower I built 1.5 years ago. Currently all my barrels are Colt, my favorite being the SOCOM 14.5 upper. So I want barrels of equal or greater quality. Now I want something lighter, easier to carry. So far my choices are DD skinny, Centurion skinny or on the outside, JP makes an ultra light 14.5. It's JP expensive so I'm not sure I really need it? But I will if it's clearly superior. My uses are general protection, 2 gun matches, etc.

Anything else to consider?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have ran 16” LW chrome lined barrels for a long time now, and have never been disappointed. I can’t see a 14.5” being any worse... on the contrary, it may even be a slight improvement, as it would be more rigid, technically. Lemme ask you this: are you better performing, under stress/timer, than what a 1moa system is capable of? I can answer that for you, but I’ll await your reply.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ha ! No, I am not that capable and I know it's the Indian not the bow but, as has been said before, who wants a crappy bow? I shoot primarily irons and I want to be able to shoot out to 300m, as long as I can see the target at that range I can hit it. I, like many others, prefer to have somewhat more quality than I will probably ever use but I am realistic. My Colt barrels are as good as I need them to be. The JP is probably not necessary for my purposes and being JP expensive I'll likely pass. I do want lightweight and mid-length gas. I have not decided if I want a standard FSB or low profile.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Haha no doubt. I make hits at 400y (max range at our club) on full IPSC steel with a T2 micro and a 16” mid length DD LW barrel, so imho I think a 14.5 to 16 mid length gas, quality hammer forged chrome lined LW is plenty good enough. My DD barrels have been consistent 1-1.25 MOA with factory match loads, but then again so have the colt, noveske, and bcm barrels I’ve used as well. I don’t think one “needs” a stainless barrel for most circumstances. And yes, I get the role of the SPR. I’m just talking real world for most folks, generally speaking. Most cannot even shoot better than what the above mentioned barrels are capable of. They’re limiting themselves, not handicapped by the equipment, know what I mean?

Feedback Score
    Criterion CORE series sounds like just the ticket.