Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone noticing a bit more crazy going on lately?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    It's like "ok boomer", but for psycho bitches instead of fudds...

As this goes on, I genuinely am starting to wonder if there's some truth to what some folks are saying about this event all being a psy-op to mentally torture the American public...
    There was a story in the news the other day, [paraphrased] something to the effect of, if your home has an AC that recirculates air, it could spread Coronavirus, and you should consider turning it off.
    I just laughed, like... you want people to cut their AC in the middle of summer?
    Funny tangent, though related to crazy and complete WTF moments:

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2020...ay-be-amended/

The county took down the announcement and was working on clarifying it Wednesday, but Public Works Director David Yamamoto told West Hawaii Today the requirement must stay in place unless the County Council changes the law. The requirement was added to the energy code in a bill approved by the council earlier this year.

Yamamoto said a permit is important because those air conditioning their homes also need to pay attention to factors such as insulation and sealing windows and doors to prevent energy waste. But community input has the administration taking another look.

Permits would range from a minimum of $10 to $200 and should be granted within a week, the press release states. Fines for not getting a permit could range up to $1,000 per day, and those who installed a unit or system without a permit should get an “as-built” permit, the press release said.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A permit for a window AC is all about control.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    why in the world is everyone suddenly using the fabricated pejorative “Karen”? SMH.
    There's a lot of debate as to where it started. I've heard from some that it comes from a Dane Cook bit. Others say it started on Reddit when some guy ranted about his bitch ex-wife Karen, who had taken the kids and the house and was everything that a "Karen" is. As websites like Reddit are wont to do, they made it into a meme, and then applied the name "Karen" to any woman they thought resembled the personality of this woman.

The funny thing is, I know quite a few women named Karen, and all are of them are among the nicest people I know.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Crazy confrontational people need to get a wake up call. I would prefer to be a Gentleman, but I'm not discounting physical violence against someone of either sex yelling, screaming or running up to get in my face.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Crazy confrontational people need to get a wake up call. I would prefer to be a Gentleman, but I'm not discounting physical violence against someone of either sex yelling, screaming or running up to get in my face.
    Life was better when people got punched in the face for being dumbasses.

The folks you mentioned never have and it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The funny thing is, I know quite a few women named Karen, and all are of them are among the nicest people I know.
    Yeah, but have you been around them if a restaurant gets their order wrong or they are cut off in traffic?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Life was better when people got punched in the face for being dumbasses.

The folks you mentioned never have and it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhhhhhhhh yes it certainly was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    There's a lot of debate as to where it started. I've heard from some that it comes from a Dane Cook bit. Others say it started on Reddit when some guy ranted about his bitch ex-wife Karen, who had taken the kids and the house and was everything that a "Karen" is. As websites like Reddit are wont to do, they made it into a meme, and then applied the name "Karen" to any woman they thought resembled the personality of this woman.

afaik, it started with people noticing a correlation between a particular haircut style and requests to speak to managers. i think one went viral and the chick was named karen and after that it got applied to about everything.

when it was just applied to women showing their ass in an "i'm entitled" way, it was funny. now that it applies to everyone, it is meaningless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Yeah, but have you been around them if a restaurant gets their order wrong or they are cut off in traffic?
    Haha, actually yes. Even then, they don't act like "Karens".
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm staying home a lot more than I have to, I've just noticed too many people running around like they are crazy/selfish.
    It doesn't matter where I go, driving sucks, people at the grocery angry. WalMart is a mad house.
    I saw a screaming Karen at the grocery just yelling at the top of her lungs at her kids.
    Nuts.
    I've noticed this shopping and when I've had to go into work occasionally, and as a father of 3 small boys, it is infuriating having them fight in the middle of a ZOOM meeting. Having said that, there are more people out on the hiking trails and walking paths then normal, these people are more friendly and relaxed. I think even in times like this, it's all in what you make it. Some people are taking the time to improve others are just waiting it out with frustration. As Dickens so beautifully wrote;

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way"
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast