Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works Build

Feedback Score

Sons of Liberty Gun Works Build

Hello all, fairly new here. I wanted to share a pic and some info on my latest build.

It's built on a Sons of Liberty Gun Works Angry Patriot stripped lower receiver. My understanding is SOLGW sources their uppers and lowers from ZEV (Mega) and I am a fan. The anodizing alone is worth the price of admission IMO, but the tolerances and machine work is the best I have seen.

The upper is a stripped ZEV. I wanted a SOLGW upper but they were out of stock and I chatted with them and mentioned ZEV and they said the anodizing would match well. I later heard the rumors that they use them for their branded receivers anyway, which makes sense. The upper to lower fit is so precise I have to whack them apart with my palm. Zero gap anywhere that I can see. Really well done. And since my guns are working guns I don't care that the roll marks don't match. This carbine won't look this good for long!

The lower parts are all SOLGW except the bolt catch (Strike) and selector (BAD). The trigger is also SOLGW and excellent. I have always been a fan of BCM's PNT trigger but like this one even better. I prefer a mostly Mil-Spec trigger because it's what I am used to and they are so reliable with ignition, etc. Just my preference.

I used Aero for the the dust cover and forward assist. The receiver extension and related parts are all BCM. The recoil spring is Sprinco, BCM carbine buffer, BCM Mod3B large latch charging handle (my favorite) and the SOLGW phosphate M16 BCG. Runs really well.

The barrel is a Ballistic Advantage Hanson pencil profile 16" with their low profile (.625") gas block and one of their Melonite gas tubes. The handguard is a Midwest Industries Combat Rail.

Light is Surefire, optic is PA 3x Prism and some other various accessories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where did you find the zev upper? I have the same dilemma haha. Nice build!

Feedback Score
    Everything has dried up by now and probably won’t change much until mid to late December. Even then I don’t see stock being much improved any where

OP nice build I read this weeks ago and meant to comment.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I bought the Zev upper from Primary Arms, same place I bought the SOLGW stuff, but that was years back. I haven't seen anything from either in a long time. They do have BCM complete blem lowers in stock every so often for $340. They are very mild cosmetic blems only and I have never seen the blems myself. They have the BCM PNT trigger which I like a lot.

My SOLGW is a bit different now. Here it is in its current configuration. It shoots quarter size groups at 200 yards. Its really heavy but I guess the accuracy is worth it. I am probably going to be putting an Arkon EP5 optic on it soon.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForteeFiveSeventee View Post
    It shoots quarter size groups at 200 yards.
    Pics?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Pics?
    Pics of groups? Don't have any. I don't really setup to take pictures at my club. Though now that I think about it, the target may still be taped to my gong, will have to check that out.

Also would like to add, the barrel is a Ballistic Advantage premium series 18" .223 Wylde SPR stainless rifle length w/ 1" gas journal. I am running an Aero stainless gas tube and fit it and the gas block to the barrel with one of those plastic fitment kits, forget what they are called. I guess the gas system fitment and an almost $300 barrel, and me putting it together right, makes a difference.
    Last edited by ForteeFiveSeventee; 02-16-22 at 17:54.