Thread: Frangibles through suppressor?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Frangibles through suppressor?

I'm thinking about buying some of these 50gr "brown tip" frangible bullets. Looks like they are jacketed.
    Any issues shooting them through my Turbo?
    LOT'S of contradicting info out there. I have an email out to YHM, but don't really expect an answer soon if they are on limited staff.
    Only reason I'm considering this is, I'd like to shoot on my 75 yard range in my back yard safely without chewing up my steel plates.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not a problem assuming none of the tip (sintered) material is breaking off the bullet during feeding.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've got roughly 100,000 rounds of them (assuming AA40) through an SDN-6 with no issue other than they foul the mount very badly with powdered tungsten. To the point that I've had to use a dremel and sanding drum to clean it up more than once.

Feedback Score
    I’ve used frangibles on my range and they were every bit as hard on my steel as M193. I think it’s the high velocity with subsequent heat transfer that still occurs with frangible that causes all the pockmarks. I just designate certain steel as rifle only and then never use it for close range handgun. I paint rifle targets orange and handgun any color. Angling the targets down and having them loose and not rigid helps too. Another option that works for close range steel with a rifle is 300 blk with heavy bullets. Velocity below 1700ish seems to work although subs are best. To your question, no problems out of a can but I never used that many given my negative experience.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi@123 View Post
    If you are looking for a best e-commerce development <snip>
    Wow! Thanks. I just happened to be looking for an e-commerce develepment partner.
    Last edited by markm; 07-29-20 at 14:20.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    He's gone, 3rd one in a week
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!