Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cashless Society

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    eBay changed that many years ago. Today, Apple Pay and others make it very easy for individuals to send and receive money between each other for purchases or whatever else.

A cashless society will impact all sorts of things, including illegal drug sales.
    CIA won't like that.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 07-13-20 at 12:03.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exclamation

Beast System 666

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Revelation 13:16-17, King James Version

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    eBay changed that many years ago. Today, Apple Pay and others make it very easy for individuals to send and receive money between each other for purchases or whatever else.

A cashless society will impact all sorts of things, including illegal drug sales.
    Yea ok. I guess eBay wasn't what I was thinking about. Haven't used that site since probably late 90s.

Private party to me means face to face.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exclamation

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yea ok. I guess eBay wasn't what I was thinking about. Haven't used that site since probably late 90s.

Private party to me means face to face.
    eBay spawned PayPal which is now mobile and used between individuals face to face or wherever. Apple Pay and others are entering the market. The idea that cash is necessary for face to face transactions is a thing of the past.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-14-20 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    eBay spawned PayPal which is now mobile and used between individuals face to face or wherever. Apple Pay and others are entering the market. The idea that cash is necessary for face to face transactions is a thing of the past.
    Doubt it. As long as people don't want to pay taxes there's going to be an untraceable form of payment.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    I put everything I can on my credit card but my mortgage would not be one of them. For one I don’t even think I can pay my mortgage with a credit card and if a bank allowed that I would assume they would charge a substantial fee. The only time I don’t use a credit card is when the fee to do so outweighs the rewards I get. I get 2% cash back directly into my brokerage account for every dollar I spend, I would be a fool to not take advantage of that as it will easily add up to five figures at the end of the day. I pay it off every month so it’s free money.

I also don’t see any chance that we remove cash from society anytime soon. It is still very much necessary in many aspects and while more and more of the world moves towards cashless payments it’s going to take a long time before cash is a thing of the past. I still require cash for most in person transactions be it selling a gun or something else. It’s too easy to reverse something like Venmo but it’s a lot harder to get scammed with cash.
    I also use a card when possible. It about pays for my ammo each month, saves me over $1,000/yr.

I also keep cash on-hand.

Feedback Score
    So all the silver I've been hoarding over the years may or may not be of any value? I hoard silver, I stash ammo. Maybe the ammo will have just as much value in an underground barter economy? I can see a license or permit required in the future just to buy ammo, in pre-determined quantities. I guess those sealed Comm Block spam cans will have been a great investment.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Doubt it. As long as people don't want to pay taxes there's going to be an untraceable form of payment.
    Sure... lawbreakers do what lawbreakers do but that wasn't what was being addressed: "No private party takes cc, check or anything but cash, unless a deal was was made a head of time for trade."

In addition PayPal mobile, Apple Pay and others, individuals also accept credit cards face to face using Square.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lawbreakers? You never sold a used lawnmower? Helped your neighbor move? Furniture? Tools? Garage sale? Computer or phone? TV? An extra refrigerator sitting in the garage unused and taking up space....etc ...etc...those are private party sales. Cash and carry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast