Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting optic failure - RMR

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have somewhere around 7k rds through my RMR equipped handgun, never had an issue. I know it isn't a whole lot, but it's been very reliable for me. I have a week long, 1k plus roundcount course next week, and I'll be using my P320/RMR combo. I'll report back if there are any issues, but I'd be very surprised if there are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I think I am the only person to have ever had the glass physically shoot out of the optic. I'm not sure what epoxy is used to seat it, however I have no concerns as I've used RMRs for almost 12 years in various roles and have never had a problem with one. My Agency authorizes red dots for our pistols, and I will continue to use an RMR without hesitation.

If it helps prove how much I trust the RMR; I bought another RM09 after this happened and am having a G45 slide milled for it. I trust them, I just happened to have an incredible failure that I wasn't sure anyone else has experienced. If my electronics had simply died, I wouldn't have even made a post. That was far more likely than having the glass commit suicide.

I managed to break the operating rod on a brand new M240L during its first range trip. I seem to have interesting failures with equipment that never make sense, they just happen.
    Def not the first to have that failure mode. Lol at breaking a 240. You do seem to have genuinely awful luck.

Some of the guys in my county are using DPP, which I cautioned against, but it seems to be working so far.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    GTF425 I am impressed that you broke an brand new M240L, in Israel they have been in use forever and almost never break.

My claim to fame is I broke an open bolt mini Uzi, while teaching an International anti terror class.
    Last edited by yoni; 07-20-20 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    GTF425 I am impressed that you broke an brand new M240L, in Israel they have been in use forever and almost never break.

My claim to fame is I broke an open bolt mini Uzi, while teaching an International anti terror class.
    Well I can’t top that shit, well done.

But I do love me some RDS on anything everything. I run one on a Legion X5 for competition with Holosun with zero issues. And a Sig 320 compact to carry with RDS. I’ll never go back with my fckd up eyes.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

This is impressive. Uzis are notoriously reliable.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    It was an anomaly, for sure. I never had any major problems with 240s apart from deadlining that brand new Lima. Our problem children were always the SAWs.

If anyone wants a laugh- I was the gun team leader AG'ing my gunner running tables with the brand new Lima. I rotated on to the gun to qual, and during the transition firing, the operating rod broke. So we got to be the gun team still humping the 240B while every other team had the lighter 240L. And yes; my gunner made sure I knew it was still a Bravo by constantly bitching about it every jump and FTX.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Def not the first to have that failure mode.
    I just want to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You do seem to have genuinely awful luck.
    This wedding is horseshit.

Feedback Score
    My failure with the open bolt Uzi was in front of an international class of cops. I racked the bolt back on an open bolt mini Uzi, and with my finger out of the trigger guard, which was being filmed so I had proof of finger out of the guard it ripped through a full mag of ammo on full auto.
    Last edited by yoni; 08-13-20 at 17:48.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lolz.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Repaired RMR arrived today. I received an RA# within 24 hours of requesting one, and it took about 3 weeks total from when the sight arrived at Trijicon that it was back on my doorstep.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast