Thread: Sig Sauer p226 Magazine Extension

Feedback Score

Sig Sauer p226 Magazine Extension

I have some p226 20 round 9mm magazines. I want to swap out the extended baseplates for aluminum ones. Anyone have any recommendations? Also does anyone know if the extension that comes stock on that magazine is a +2 or +3 that brings it to 20.

Feedback Score
    Those mags are hard to get. Someone will swap you for the flush metal bottom ones.

Did I misunderstand your question ?

Also is this a new 226 or an older one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Depends on what is standard today. Back in the day 15 round mags were standard so to bring it to 20 would be a +5

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the 20 round mags that come standard with the tacops model. They are 20 rounds but I’m not sure how much the extensions that’s pre installed adds to the magazine...... if that make sense

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    http://taylorfreelancestore.com/sig-226-plus-5-black/

I have about 5-6 of these and have been very happy with them. I use them in conjunction with the mec gar 18 rounders for a 23 round mag. They also work on the stock sig 226 mags. I also have a couple of the apex extensions, but I don't think they are made anymore.

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever use the Armanov base pads? Seem solid and at a good price point.

Feedback Score
    Just got a Mac-gar 20 round to see if that would fit. Unlike the sig 20 rounders there is a significant gap between the end of the grip and the mag. I installed the armanov base and it was even more pronounced. Anyone know of a +3 plate. Maybe I’d have better luck with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While not on the 20's, we used to take Beretta 92 base pads and put them on the 15's. I offered better seating, especially with gloves. One may have to "clean" the hole for the retaining plate tab though.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!