Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INDIA Buying More 716s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, Exeter has a bunch of it’s components manufactured in India. So this seems fitting that India would buy indigenously produced arms.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Well, Exeter has a bunch of it’s components manufactured in India. So this seems fitting that India would buy indigenously produced arms.
    That reminds me, when I got some M400 ambi controls to try out, they were labeled Made in India.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That reminds me, when I got some M400 ambi controls to try out, they were labeled Made in India.
    Yep. “When It Counts!”
    Last edited by JoshNC; 07-17-20 at 13:41.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All of the 716 rifles purchased by India this year and last have been DI and not piston.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yes. That's probably the case. Seems the other countries using the 7.62 AR are doing so as a DMR and not a battle rifle.

Pretty interesting that the AR10 is finally seeing use as it was intended.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    agree

Feedback Score
    As institutionally corrupt as India's government and military is I'm wondering exactly how many of these rifles will actually be fielded to troops and how many will be sold off on the international black market by their generals? They've been making and procuring modern weapons for decades yet their police forces are still carrying SMLE rifles in .303 like we saw during the Mumbai attacks in 2008.

Feedback Score
    Any project that India undertakes, from a rifle to a jet fighter, seems to take forever and in the end delivers a substandard product. Their bureaucracy must be terrible.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Yes.
    Reminds one of what we’re in store for here.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sig wont go away. I know they have their haters but Ive had good luck with my Sig purchase. But I am not buying their TREAD rifles. Cans, MPX and Legion series handguns. I own no AR's from Sig.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sig wont go away. I know they have their haters but Ive had good luck with my Sig purchase. But I am not buying their TREAD rifles. Cans, MPX and Legion series handguns. I own no AR's from Sig.

PB
    I agree. They are actually being pretty innovative. I think they need to iron out problems before they release their stuff.

I don't own an mcx but I love the idea of them. Same thing with the mpx. Love their hammer fired guns. I have a love hate relationship with the 320. Love my p365.

That being said, if I ever decide to get back into a 308 ar it won't be a 716 it will be a LMT.

Soli Deo Gloria

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast