Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hodge Defense 12.5 barrel...build suggestion

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    If it were me, I would wait a couple of weeks for some of the new Hodge releases, but if you can't wait, check out the FCD upper receiver that is made by CMT and pair is with CMT's slick side billet lower and an FCD or CMT rail, along with a quality BCG (Hodge, SOLGW and Sionics NP3 all come to mind due to their slick finish, which works well with the Hodge barrel), an SLR GB7 or FCD gas block and a quality lower parts kit. An A5 receiver extension will require some tweaking with regard to springs and buffer weights, but it will work and if you go this direction, spend the money and get the A5 buffer kit from Vltor. Jim specs his guns for use with an H2 buffer and mil spec buffer spring, but you can also use a Sprinco White spring. I have a mix of Radian Raptor LT's and Badger Gen 3 charging handles on my Hodge guns. Other receiver sets to look at are the ones from Zev, Mega, SOLGW, Triarc, LMT or BCM. Zev, SOLGW and Triarc all offer a wedgelock handguard.
    Last edited by drtywk; 07-15-20 at 14:38.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why an inconel gas block? Have there been reported failures of the SLR GB7?
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    If it were me, I would wait a couple of weeks for some of the new Hodge releases, but if you can't wait, check out the FCD upper receiver that is made by CMT and pair is with CMT's slick side billet lower and an FCD or CMT rail, along with a quality BCG (Hodge, SOLGW and Sionics NP3 all come to mind due to their slick finish, which works well with the Hodge barrel), an SLR GB7 or FCD gas block and a quality lower parts kit. An A5 receiver extension will require some tweaking with regard to springs and buffer weights, but it will work and if you go this direction, spend the money and get the A5 buffer kit from Vltor. Jim specs his guns for use with an H2 buffer and mil spec buffer spring, but you can also use a Sprinco White spring. I have a mix of Radian Raptor LT's and Badger Gen 3 charging handles on my Hodge guns. Other receiver sets to look at are the ones from Zev, Mega, SOLGW, Triarc, LMT or BCM. Zev, SOLGW and Triarc all offer a wedgelock handguard.
    Thanks for the info. There is no rush for this project. Most of the stuffs that I want it’s out of stock anyway.

With everything going on, I really have my doubt that Hodge is going to release new stuff in coming weeks. Have you hear what new stuffs is he going to release?

As far as lower goes, I already have ADM lower sitting here. I can go with Vltor A5 or just regular mil spec route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Maybe so they can make it thinner so you could actually attach stuff in the slots next to the gas block?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Why Inconel? Per Jim, there really isn't a need for it, as it is more expensive and costs more to machine, he did it because he wanted to.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Thanks for the info. There is no rush for this project. Most of the stuffs that I want it’s out of stock anyway.

With everything going on, I really have my doubt that Hodge is going to release new stuff in coming weeks. Have you hear what new stuffs is he going to release?

As far as lower goes, I already have ADM lower sitting here. I can go with Vltor A5 or just regular mil spec route.

Believe it or not, there will be new Hodge items available in the coming weeks, despite all of the doubt. This came directly from Jim. You will be seeing more barrels, receiver sets and the new handguards.

If you plan on using an ADM lower, just grab one of their uppers. ADM makes a solid receiver set.

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm hoping I'll have the money to jump on the new S-Lock handguards when they launch.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Believe it or not, there will be new Hodge items available in the coming weeks, despite all of the doubt. This came directly from Jim. You will be seeing more barrels, receiver sets and the new handguards.

If you plan on using an ADM lower, just grab one of their uppers. ADM makes a solid receiver set.
    I like ADM product, it’s just their rail on 12.5 upper it’s shorter than I like

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I'm hoping I'll have the money to jump on the new S-Lock handguards when they launch.
    I googled it, couldn’t find any pictures on the S lock rail

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234