Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ford Bronco

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Have you read anything about Toyota’s recall of vehicles with their 3.5L v6? (Tacoma, highlander, Camry, sienna). The fuel pumps fail in high heat and leave you stranded. Not what I expected from Toyota.

As far as Bronco, I LOVE this thing on paper. It looks amazing. Great features. But I don’t know if I’d buy one, the two 2016 Explorers we had at my work had constant serious engine problems, and my moms 2017 Edge needed an entirely new engine. I’ll have to see what people are saying about them over the next few years, and maybe pick up a used one in 2025. If civilized society still exists by then
    I have not read that about Toyota, I can say that my 2000 4runner lasted me over 240k, and my 2005 Xterra lasted me 210k miles. I would need a larger vehicle anyhow, I currently own a 2017 GMC Sierra, which I like, but the paint is drastically thin and I know that they have had engine issues with the cylinder management system. My wife bought a 2015 Escape, which I ended up driving when I changed jobs and it went through 2 batteries, and an intake manifold in the 2 years we owned it. Plus the Infotainment system (Sync) was crap, and would crash often. I just wasn't impressed for the money.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    IFS is great until it breaks while you are out on the trail. I can rig up a branch and tow strap if I have to on a solid and it least limp back to the trail head.
    Mid and large trucks (F-150s) have been using IFS for a while now. Are they prone to failure...asking because I havent heard anything and dont know?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really like them but considering the shit show that their ecoboost have been over the past decade, I am not sure confident I would be placing an order. Love the concept but would rather pay 2x for a land cruiser and not have to deal with ecoboost issues

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They need to put more V8s back in things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Put the new 7.3L gas V8 in it! Put the manual behind it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Mid and large trucks (F-150s) have been using IFS for a while now. Are they prone to failure...asking because I havent heard anything and dont know?

Not sure that they are prone to failure under normal situations but under heavy trail or rock crawling I am not sure how they would fair or how hard it would be to do a trail repair. Most people are not doing much serious offroading in a f150.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    They need to put more V8s back in things

Agreed.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Put the new 7.3L gas V8 in it! Put the manual behind it.
    This.

Also I wish smaller displacement diesels were a thing. Turbo and all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Also I wish smaller displacement diesels were a thing. Turbo and all.
    They have these, but due to emissions we don't have these available in the US

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    They have these, but due to emissions we don't have these available in the US
    Bingo

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast