Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ford Bronco

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Ford officially unveiled the Bronco today, It's going to be a badass off road rig. 35 inch tires standard on some trims, front and rear lockers, full skid plates, and rock rails.... And all of that can be optioned on the base model.
    I really like the look of it, and it will give Jeep some competition, as a previous Ford owner, I really hope that they improved the Ecoboost engines and the electronics. Right now, I don't see myself buying anything other than Toyota in the future until I see reliability addressed across the board.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    It looks great but it is a Ford. Hopefully this will push Toyota to make a similar jeep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I really like the look of it, and it will give Jeep some competition, as a previous Ford owner, I really hope that they improved the Ecoboost engines and the electronics. Right now, I don't see myself buying anything other than Toyota in the future until I see reliability addressed across the board.
    Have you read anything about Toyota’s recall of vehicles with their 3.5L v6? (Tacoma, highlander, Camry, sienna). The fuel pumps fail in high heat and leave you stranded. Not what I expected from Toyota.

As far as Bronco, I LOVE this thing on paper. It looks amazing. Great features. But I don’t know if I’d buy one, the two 2016 Explorers we had at my work had constant serious engine problems, and my moms 2017 Edge needed an entirely new engine. I’ll have to see what people are saying about them over the next few years, and maybe pick up a used one in 2025. If civilized society still exists by then

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I like it but IFS for an off road vehicle is a hard sell for me.
    Same. I was expecting this one to have a solid front axle, so as to compete on the same level as the Wrangler. The lockers being available on all trim levels helps a lot though
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The videos Ford showed of this being driven over rough terrain, and it was pretty rough, impressed me. Didn't look like the IFS was holding it back at all. And the terrain they drove it over, I probably wouldn't. I like what I see, and will give it a serious look when the time comes to buy. Back in the day I owned a 73' Bronco, what a tank, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 07-14-20 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A friend of mine was saying the towing is only 3500# and that for him is a deal breaker. (His other cars are BMWs and Porsche and besides normal SUV/offroad he wanted to pull a car trailer).
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The videos Ford showed of this being driven over rough terrain, and it was pretty rough, impressed me. Didn't look like the IFS was holding it back at all. And the terrain they drove it over, I probably wouldn't. I like what I see, and will give it a serious look when the time comes to buy. Back in the day I owned a 73' Bronco, what a tank, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
    IFS is great until it breaks while you are out on the trail. I can rig up a branch and tow strap if I have to on a solid and it least limp back to the trail head.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    A friend of mine was saying the towing is only 3500# and that for him is a deal breaker. (His other cars are BMWs and Porsche and besides normal SUV/offroad he wanted to pull a car trailer).
    3,500 is about what a Jeep tows so I am not surprised.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omg. I was about to make a comment about this and it’s already a meme!!!

Jeep screwed up the Wrangler with the JK and JL. Toyota screwed up the FJ with... I just can’t bring myself to mention that monstrosity. Let’s see how badly Ford screed up the Bronco.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast